When you are traveling to Walt Disney World, you may be wondering what things you should make a priority. With four major theme parks to choose from, it is hard to know where to begin. We have put together a quick reference list that shows you all the things you must do in Disney World.
We have chosen to limit our list to three major things for each category so as to not totally overwhelm you! Let’s face it, if you only have one day in each park, you can’t do it all. If you are looking for our top list of rides, attractions and junk food, this is your list.
List of Top Things You Must Do in Disney World
Must do list for Magic Kingdom
When it comes to Disney World’s most popular park, you are going to want to plan your time carefully! In order to get the most done in a day, you are going to want to make sure that you book Magic Kingdom Fastpasses in advance and get to the park early! Here are the things you must do in Magic Kingdom:
- Ride: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Haunted Mansion, & Splash Mountain
- See: Princesses at Princess Fairytale Hall, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Happily Ever After Fireworks
- Eat: Dole Whip, Mickey Mouse Candy Apple and drink LeFou’s Brew at Gaston’s Tavern
Must do list for Epcot
In the next few years we are going to see some major changes coming to Epcot. There will be new rides and experiences and this leads me to believe that this will become a more popular Disney World park. Because this park doesn’t have as many rides as other Disney World parks, the rides it does have are crowded with lots of people. Do yourself a favor and book your Epcot fastpasses early! Here are the things you must do in Epcot while there:
- Ride: Test Track, Frozen Ever After, Soarin’
- See: Chinese Acrobats, Anna & Elsa, Illuminations
- Eat: Ice Cream & Gelato, Mickey Mouse Pretzel, drinks at Club Cool (it’s free)
Must do list for Animal Kingdom
Do to Pandora, Animal Kingdom has become a huge draw for many families. This means that if you don’t get a Fastpass for the most popular ride (Flight of Passage) you are going to want to hit Pandora, the World of Avatar first thing in the morning so that you aren’t standing in line for 3 or 4 hours (or miss riding it completely). Along with Pandora, there are the things you must do in Animal Kingdom:
- Ride: Avatar Flight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safari, and Expedition Everest.
- See: Flight of Passage, The Festival of the Lion King, and Tree of Life Awakening
- Eat: Chocolate Waffle or Dole Whip (both are at Tamu Tamu), and drink a Night Blossom (in Pandora)
Must do list for Hollywood Studios
With the addition of Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge on the horizon, Hollywood Studios is going to be the most crowded of the four parks in Walt Disney World. This means that you are going to have to stand in a lot of lines to be able to do it all! Here is what you need to prioritize at Hollywood Studios:
- Ride: Star Tours, Slinky Dog Dash, and Tower of Terror
- See: Star Wars Launch Bay, Indiana Jones Stunt Show, Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage
- Eat: Darth Vader Cupcake and the Peanut Butter Jelly Milkshake at 50’s Prime Time Cafe
There are SO many other things you are going to want to ride and experience at the parks, but if you have limited time, these are the things you must do in Disney World.
We will continue to update the list as new rides and experiences come to Walt Disney World.
What do you think? Do you have certain things you prioritize when you have a limited time at Walt Disney World?