When it comes to Disney treats, nothing is quite as popular as the original Disney Dole Whip! If you have never tasted this frosty treat, it is a pineapple soft serve that packs a punch.
Dole Whip is served both in Disney World and in Disneyland, as well as on the Disney Cruise Line and at Aulani Resort in Hawaii.
There is even a DIsney Dole Whip day in July!
Wondering what else you don’t know about this frozen pineapple dessert?
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about the Disney Dole Whip
Dole Whip was introduced at the National Restaurant Association show in 1984 and when the Dole Company became the sponsor of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, the delicious treat was brought into the parks.
One of the things that makes this dessert option so popular, besides the taste is the fact that the Disney Dole Whip is dairy-free and gluten-free.
This means that nearly everyone can enjoy it!
Pineapple Dole Whip Ingredients:
- Stabilizers (Cellulose, Gum, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Karaya Gum, Pectin)
- Coconut Oil
- 2% or less of the following:
- Citric Acid
- Natural and Artificial Flavor (contains Pineapple Juice)
- Modified Food Starch
- Malic Acid
- Beta Carotene (color)
- Mano & Diglycerides
- Silion Dioxide (anticaking)
Is the Dole Whip Kosher? Yes, this is one of the few Disney treats that is classified as Kosher Dairy.
Disney World locations that serve Disney Dole Whip
When it comes to getting your Disney Dole Whip in Disney World, you may be wondering where you can find it.
These are the current locations serving the original Disney Dole Whip along with some other takes on the classic treat:
- Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Animal Kingdom
- Captain Cooks at Polynesian Resort
- Pineapple Lanai at Polynesian Resort
- Everything POP Shopping & Dining at Pop Century Resort
- Backstretch Pool Bar at Saratoga Springs
- Typhoon Tilley’s at Typhoon Lagoon
- Frostbite Freddies at Blizzard Beach
- Marketplace Snacks at Disney Springs
- Swirls on the Water at Disney Springs
Disneyland Locations that Serve Disney Dole Whip
- The Tropical Hideaway in Disneyland
- Tiki Juice Bar in Disneyland
- Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar in Disneyland Hotel
Not only will you find the traditional Dole Whip soft serve, but you can also find its sister beverage, the Pineapple Dole Whip Float.
This is just a larger amount of Dole Whip surrounded by pineapple juice.
Probably the second most popular flavor of Dole Whip is Orange.
It comes in a single flavor, as a Citrus Swirl with Vanilla soft serve or in a Fanta Float over at Sunshine Tree Terrace in Magic Kingdom.
Where you should look for other Disney Dole Pineapple Treat variations
In Landscape of Flavors at Art of Animation resort, you can find the Pineapple Paradise.
It is similar to the traditional Pineapple Dole Whip, only drinkable, like a Dole Pineapple smoothie.
The Disney Dole Whip also comes in an alcohol variety when rum is added.
This can be found at Tamu Tamu (Animal Kingdom), Pineapple Promenade (EPCOT), Trader Sams (Polynesian Resort), Typhoon Lagoon, Grand Stand Spirits (All Star Sports), and at Disney Springs.
Disney Pineapple Dole Whip Merchandise
Finding Dole Whip merchandise is always fun, but if you can’t find it during your trip, consider one of these cute Dole Whip items:
What about you? Do you love Disney Pineapple Dole Whips the way I do? Which type is your favorite?