For seven years in a row, Disney Cruise Line has earned top spots in the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Cruise Lines rankings. This year, they topped out as the Best Cruise Line for Families as well as the Best Cruise Line in the Caribbean.
Disney Cruise Guide
It’s easy to see why Disney Cruise continues to surpass others in the industry.
Not only do you get a beautiful ship with amazing on board experiences, you also get the benefit of first class Disney entertainment!
When it comes to being prepared for your Disney Cruise, you can never start planning too early!
While planning a Disney Cruise can be a little intimidating, if you use the Disney Cruise Line Guide, you should have everything you need to create a wonderful vacation for your family!
10 Disney Cruise Facts
Even the most seasoned Disney Cruisers may think they know everything there is to know about Disney Cruise Line!
If you think you know everything, read through these facts and let me know if you learn anything new:
1. If you haven’t already noticed, the Disney ships have a unique look that make them easy to spot at port. Each are painted in Mickey Mouse inspired colors.
They all have a black hull, white superstructure, yellow trim and two giant red funnels with a Disney Cruise Line Mickey Mouse logo.
2. Disney Cruise Line was the first cruise line to have yellow lifeboats. In order to do this, Disney had to ask permission from the U.S. Coast Guard.
3. One of the trademarks that Disney uses when it is about to leave port is to play the first seven notes of the “When You Wish Upon a Star” song melody.
4. The Disney Magic and Disney Wonder are both longer than Main Street U.S.A at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
5. The Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream are longer than the height of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
6. Disney Cruise Line was the FIRST to have Fireworks at sea!
7. Most staterooms on Disney ships have a split bath. A sink and tub/shower are in one room and a sink and toilet in another.
8. The swimming pools on Disney ships are heated when the water temperature drops below 75 degrees.
Courtesy Disney Cruise Line
9. The Disney Magic and Disney Dream interior is in the art deco style, while the interior on the Disney Wonder and Disney Fantasy is in the art nouveau style.
10. Each Disney ship has an atrium lobby statue celebrating a classic Disney character.
- Fantasy: Minnie Mouse
- Dream: Donald Duck
- Magic: Mickey Mouse
- Wonder: Ariel
So how many of these Disney Cruise facts were you aware of? Did you learn anything new?
Feel free to join our Disney Insider Tips Facebook group & ask questions. There are plenty of us who have been on a Disney Cruise that can help you prepare.