Are you trying to decide if a Disney Cruise is worth the cost? There is quite a price difference between the price of a Disney cruise and other cruise lines like Royal Caribbean & Carnival. What you need to know is that if you are looking for an inclusive family vacation, Disney Cruise Line is the one to take.
Other cruise lines offer you a low initial fare, but then nickel and dime you once you get on board.
We have traveled on Royal Caribbean, Carnival & Disney Cruise Line and one of the reasons why Disney Cruise Line is my favorite is because of what’s included in the price of a Disney Cruise.
How Much is a Disney Cruise?
The first thing that people look at when they are planning a Disney Cruise is the price. Often, they are overwhelmed with the price of a Disney Cruise because it is so substantially more than many of the other cruise lines.
The price of a Disney Cruise will vary and is dependent on these factors:
- Number of guests & ages of your children
- Departure port
- Time of year
- Length of Cruise
The lowest I’ve seen a Disney Cruise price be for a family of 4 (2 adults/ 2 children under 9) is for a three night cruise to the Bahamas. You will be able to go for a little over 2K if you cruise in the off-season (Jan/Feb) and don’t mind an interior room on one of the older ships (Wonder/ Magic).
That same cruise in the summer (June/July/August) will cost you 1k more!
If you would like to take a 5-7 night cruise during the summer months anywhere off the coast of the USA, you will pay upwards of 6-7k for that same family of four.
What’s Included in the Price of a Disney Cruise
- Broadway Style Shows (one each night)
- First run Disney movies (even 3D)
- Poolside Disney Movies
- Dance Parties with Disney Characters
- Meet & Greet Opportunities with Disney Characters
- Fireworks (once per cruise)
- Pools & Water slides (both on the ship & at Castaway Cay)
- Fitness Center (and track)
- Family Activities (Trivia/ Game night/ Arts & Crafts)
- Outdoor games (Basketball, mini-golf, ping pong)
- 3 Themed Restaurants, Buffet, and tons of grab & go (pizza, burgers, fresh sandwiches/wraps)
- Unlimited soda, juice, coffee and tea
- Unlimited Soft-serve Ice cream
- 24 Hour Room Service
- Toiletries (Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion)
- Self service Laundry facility (detergent is extra~ so bring your own)
- Castaway Cay Buffet Lunch (with more free unlimited ice cream)
- Castaway Cay Beach Chairs (and umbrellas) and Life Vests
Things you will pay extra for on a Disney Cruise:
- Gourmet style coffee
- Palo fine dining (Adult only)
- Spa services
- Bar services
- Packaged Snacks & Canned Beverages
As you can see, you are getting quite a lot for the price of a Disney Cruise. It is up to you to decide if that heavy price tag is worth it.
What I will tell you is that every Disney Cruise I’ve taken has been worth every penny spent. It is like going to Disney at sea but you actually get time to relax!
If you are still considering a Disney Cruise, but hoping to get a lower fare, then be sure you read how to score Disney Cruise Line deals. We tend to see the best bargains during the winter months or on last minute sailings when the ships aren’t full.
What do you think about what’s included in a Disney Cruise? Is it worth the price?