If you are preparing for a Disney Cruise, you probably are making a list off the things you will need to bring. While there are certain things you will be able to buy on board, there are certain items you are better off packing in your luggage.
Wondering what to bring for your Disney Cruise vacation? We have compiled a great Disney Cruise packing list that you will want to read before you leave!
Disney Cruise Packing List & Tips
1. Sunscreen & Sunglasses. While you can purchase sunscreen & sunglasses on board the cruise ship, you will pay more than you would had you brought it ( and the choices are limited).
2. Sand Toys/ Inner tube/ Water Wings. One of the benefits of going on a Disney Cruise is going to their private island, Castaway Cay!
You can purchase sand toys and inner tubes there, but if you have your own bucket, shovel & sand toys, you might as well bring them to avoid the extra charges of renting or buying these kinds of things.
3. Pirate Outfit. All Disney Cruises have a Pirate Night when all Cast Members, Crew, and Guests are dressed in their finest Pirate attire.
They will give you bandannas to wear, but why not go the extra step and pack a pirate outfit, sword or eye patch to take with you!
4. Sweater or Jacket. Yes, you are most likely planning a cruise during warm weather, but in the evenings the wind may pick up or you may find that the restaurants are a little cool.
Having a cardigan or lightweight jacket to throw on (especially for little ones) is great to have just in case.
5. Flip flops. You can walk around barefoot on the Disney Cruise line pool deck, but it can get quite slippery. Be sure to pack flip flops or water shoes to wear poolside and while on the beach in Castaway Cay.
6. Detergent. There are laundry facilities on the cruise ships for you to use. Not that anyone wants to do laundry, but it is nice if you have a few Tide pods or individual load Tide packs packed just in case you need them.
7. Snacks. You can bring bottled water & snacks on board the Disney cruise ship to keep in your cabin. This way you will have something to take with you on your excursions or just to have in your state room.
8. Beach bag/ Backpack. Whether you go to the beach at Castaway Cay or take an excursion, you will want to have a light weight bag to carry off board with you.
9. Garbage/ Ziploc bags. We always keep a garbage bag for dirty clothes. Since we aren’t going to be doing laundry while on board the Disney Cruise, it helps to keep all used clothing in one place. Ziploc bags are great for anything including wet suits that don’t dry in time on your departure day!
10. Cruise documents, excursion information, maps, birth certificates and other important ids! The most important items on your Disney Cruise packing list are your cruise documents!
I suggest putting all documents in a document bag so you don’t end up losing anything during your check in process!
11. Waterproof case. A Waterproof case to hold phone, key cards, money, ID is great to have at the pool and when you go on excursions.
12. Soft Soap pump for washing hands. Yes, there will be bar soap, but there is something icky about bar soap after you use the restroom. A soap pump is perfect for a cruise.
13. Motion Sickness prevention device/ medication. Even if you don’t normally get sick, you should be prepared for motion sickness anytime you cruise.
14. Beach Towel Clips. These towel clips keep your towels attached to your chair when it’s windy & is great for putting things to dry on balcony chairs.
15. Binoculars. You don’t have to buy fancy ones, small inexpensive binoculars will do. These are great for sitting on your balcony or checking out Castaway Cay and other destinations you might go to.
16. Collapsible Laundry Hamper. These are great to give you a place to put all those dirty clothes. I love this collapsible hamper because you can just throw it into your suitcase at the end of your trip!
17. Downy Wrinkle Release Spray. While there are irons in the laundry room, when it comes time for dinner, it is hard to get your hands on it! Bring a small bottle of Downy Wrinkle release to spray your clothes. It will release those creases in no time!
18. Small Lysol bottle. While rooms are clean, you know that they don’t properly disinfect things like the wave phones, door handles, and remotes. I always bring a small travel bottle of Lysol when I travel for this very reason.
19. USB hub. Disney Cruise ships never have enough places to charge your devices. If you bring one of these hubs, you one plug will turn into several USB ports so you can charge your phones.
Am I missing anything? If you have something to add to our Disney Cruise packing list, please comment below!