If you are traveling to Disney on a Budget, make sure you account for food costs. Let’s face it, Disney World isn’t cheap, especially when it comes to dining. If you have never been to Disney before, let me tell you that a family of 4 can easily drop $40 on a simple quick service lunch and a table service meal can be more than twice as much! Who wants to spend hundreds of dollars a day on food? Not me. There are plenty of other things to drop money on; food doesn’t have to be a budget buster.
Ways to save money on Disney meals:
- Set a food budget (and stick to it). Allocate a certain amount of money to be spent on the food each day at the park. Research restaurant prices ahead of time to plan out where to eat before you even get to the park!
- Pack snacks to save money and to save you from having grouchy kids at the park. Keeping kids sugar levels even though out the day will help avoid unwanted temper tantrums. You can make a great trail mix from goldfish, pretzels, M&Ms and raisins that will keep your kids satisfied while waiting in long lines.
- When it comes to meals, it is a waste of money to buy kids a huge meal. Most of the time they won’t eat half of it because they are so filled up on treats and excitement! Instead of spending $5-6 per kids meal, bring your own food from home (like those frozen PBJs)! Even though they don’t promote it, Disney will allow you to bring in your own food & water bottles into the park.
- For adults, you can easily split one meal. You will be surprised at the amount of food that one meal will provide. Or if you must have your own meal, purchase a kid-sized meal instead and save up to $5 per meal! Who really wants a full stomach at Disney anyway?
- Substitute items. Don’t want fries, but would really enjoy a cupcake instead? Don’t need a kids drink that comes with the meal but would love another side item? ASK. Many times, Disney cashiers will be glad to make easy swaps for food.
- Order a la carte. If you don’t want a full meal, ASK if you could just purchase a cheeseburger without the sides.
- Did you know you can get a complimentary cup of ice water for FREE at any service counter? This is a great way to save money at Disney! Don’t really want water, but the soda you brought from home is warm? Ask for a cup of ice! It’s FREE!
These are just a few ways to save money on Disney meals at the park.
If you have ways to save money on Disney meals, I would love to hear about it. Feel free to leave a comment below.