If you are looking for ways to make a Disney vacation possible, I would suggest you seriously consider getting a Disney Credit Card. The only Disney Visa card available is the Disney Chase Visa card. This card is different from others because of the Disney Credit Card perks.
Who Should Consider a Disney Credit Card?
I am not usually an advocate for any type of credit card (especially one with a high interest rate), but if you are someone who can pay your balances off each month, the rewards & benefits of the Disney Visa Card make it worth considering.
Using a Disney Credit Card to Save for a Disney Vacation
When we were planning our first Disney World trip, I began looking for ways to save money on our Disney vacation and one thing we did was open up a Disney Chase credit card account.
When you sign up for a Disney Visa Card you will initially get a credit (amount depends on the type of card you decide to get). While there is a higher interest rate on this card, the Disney Chase Credit Card perks make the interest rate less of a factor (especially if you are paying it off each month).
Why get a Disney Chase Credit Card?
One of the best Disney Chase credit card perks is the special vacation financing. When you book your Disney vacation using this card, you can do so interest free for 6 months. That means that you can take 6 months to pay it off without having to worry about the high interest rate.
In addition to this Disney Credit card perk, there are a number of other benefits to having a Disney Chase card.
Disney Credit Card Perks
- FREE $100 Credit when you sign up ($250 for the Disney Premier Card) and use the card
- 10% off on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at Disney Store, Disney Resort Retail stores & select dining locations at Disney resorts.
- Character Meet ‘N’ Greet at private Card member locations along with a FREE Photopass download.
- 15% off the non-discounted price of select guided tours at Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort
- 10% off certain recreation at Walt Disney World.
- Access to offers like FREE Disney Dining before the general public
- Access to Chase Visa Lounge at Epcot during Special Events like the Food & Wine festival.
- 10% off Castaway Cay recreation packages for Disney Cruise Line.
- 20% off select spa services aboard Disney Cruise Line.
- Exclusive Star Wars meet & greet locations in Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
- Discounts to Disney Broadway musicals.
- Newsletter full of Disney attraction information and money saving coupons to use at Disney Store.
Earning Disney Rewards with a Disney Visa Card
Each purchase that you make with your Disney credit card earn you money back in the form on Disney Reward Dollars. When you have racked up enough Disney Rewards, you transfer them to a Disney Rewards card and use it at the Disney parks, at the Disney Store or at a Disney Resort. It works just like a gift card!
Is a Disney Visa Card Right for You?
If you are someone who can pay it off in full each month, then I think this Disney Credit Card a great way for you to earn a little extra money toward your Disney vacation costs!
Take a Look at all the Different Disney Card Designs
When it comes to Disney, every little bit you can save counts! If you are looking for other ways to save at Disney, be sure to read my Disney on a Budget posts.