(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy.)
Going to Disney World while pregnant can be hard. Expectant moms can’t ride much and there is a ton of walking which can be exhausting. On the other hand, there are many things to do at Disney World that don’t involve rides and being pregnant at Disney World gives you the chance to enjoy the park at a slower pace.
Being pregnant while visiting Disney World doesn’t mean you won’t have fun, it just means you will have to have different types of fun.
Some of our favorites are the Monsters Ink Laugh Floor, Mickey’s Philharmagic, and Pirates of the Caribbean.
Animal Kingdom is a great park, full of fun rides, but it is one of the hardest parks when it comes to walking.
You will be doing a lot of walking and you are going to want to make sure you pace yourself by taking in as many shows as you can.
These are the shows we recommend: UP! A Great Bird Adventure, Festival of The Lion King, and Finding Nemo, the Musical.
When it comes to enjoying Hollywood Studios when expecting, I’m afraid its going to be tough.
There aren’t many rides at this park to begin with and just about all of them are off limits to expectant mothers.
Three of the things you can enjoy without worry are Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Fantasmic!
Rides to Avoid when you are Pregnant at Disney World
Disney World is very good about having signs up telling expectant mothers which rides to avoid. At the end of the day, they can’t force you to avoid them, they can only recommend it. These are the rides where you will find warnings clearly posted:
- Expedition Everest
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Pandora Flight of Passage
- Primeval Whirl
- Mission Space
- Test Track
- Rockin Roller Coaster
- Star Tours
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Slinky Dog Dash
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
How to Successfully Visit Disney World while Pregnant
- Wear good shoes. Honestly, this is true for anyone, but even more so when you are pregnant at Disney World. Your ankles will swell and you are going to need to wear shoes that will allow your feet to expand.
- Drink lots of water. When you are in the Florida sunshine, you are going to sweat more than normal. It is important that you stay hydrated. Bring your own refillable water bottle. Ice water is free at all service counters. All you have to do is ask for a complimentary water. Don’t waste your money on bottled water. Much of it is bottled in Florida, after all.
- Pack snacks. Remember, you are going to be burning up a lot of fuel walking in the Disney parks. Disney is really good about letting your bring food & drinks in the park, so be sure to pack wholesome snacks that will keep you going. While there are tons of yummy treats at Disney, they also are really good about having healthy options like fruit and cheese as well.
- Rest. Those that are in the 3rd Trimester of their pregnancy at Disney World are going to need to sit more often. There are some great shady spots in Disney, but the best places to sit are inside air conditioned buildings.
- Use the Disney Fastpass System. You are not going to be able to avoid all the lines at Disney, but you can cut them down dramatically when you use the Fastpass System. While most everyone else will be using them for rides, you will probably get your first choice when it comes to shows and experiences.
Most Asked Question about going to Disney while Pregnant
Is there a Disney World Pregnancy Pass?
The answer is a hard NO. While Disneyland Paris does off a Pregnancy Pass at their park, Disney World does not. You will survive.
Have you made the trip to any of the Disney World parks while pregnant? What was your experience?