2019 is going to be a big year for the Disney parks. If you are wondering what’s new at Disney World since the last time you’ve been there, you are going to be surprised at all the additions.
First off, Hollywood Studios added Toy Story Land in 2018. This area features two new rides along with a new quick service counter restaurant.
Due to be completed in fall of 2109, Star Wars Land in Hollywood Studios is going to feature new rides, attractions, and dining experiences as well.
Epcot is making some big changes, but they won’t be finished for many years to come. See what’s coming to Epcot.
If you haven’t been to Disney World in a while, you are going to find that each of the four Disney parks has added new experiences.
What’s New at Disney World
Effective May 1,2019 Walt Disney World parks will be SMOKE FREE. The only place you will be able to smoke, is at the designated smoking area at the entrance to the parks.
- There is a new Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party
- Guests can meet Mickey and Minnie together in their new celebration outfits in the Town Square Theater.
- Happily Ever After Nightime Spectacular Show happens nightly on the Castle
- The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History is the newest addition to Liberty Square. You will get to see Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo and more characters in this live show several times daily just outside The Hall of Presidents.
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Fair Stage Show with Mickey and friends.
- Princess Elena of Avalor meet & greet at Princess Fairytale Hall!
- There is a new Coco Dia de los Muertos Experience in the lobby of the Azted pyramid in Mexico Pavilion & you can see a new performance featuring Miguel by the Mariachi Cobre.
- Soarin’ has changed to incorporate a global focus. It still has the same experience of flying high above the earth, but now you will travel to different landmarks throughout the world.
- Meet Ralph and Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph at ImageWorks area of the Imagination! pavilion.
- Mission Space has been upgraded with a new Green mission that takes you around Earth.
- Tiffins is a new signature table service restaurant on Discovery Island. The menu features food from around the world. You can dine inside or out and you can even grab a beautiful water view.
- Pandora – The World of AVATAR. This much-anticipated land has two major attractions: AVATAR Flight of Passage and the Na’vi River Journey along with a new quick service restaurant Satu’li Canteen.
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure” show featuring Russel and Dug from UP!
- “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” comes this year to celebrate the 25th anniversary of The Lion King.
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch reopens this Summer. The area will include a few new enhancements and join the celebration of all things “The Lion King.”
- Toy Story Land has opened with two new rides!
- There is a new Disney Junior Dance party featuring Vampirina, Doc McStuffins, Timon and even Mickey!
- Starting March 31, Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy will open. There will be a new Dance Party (“DJ’s Ready! Set! Party Time!”) featuring the pit crew & you can meet Piston Cup Champion Cruz Ramirez!
- Beginning May 1, you’ll be able to find Fancy Nancy at an all-new character greeting location in Animation Courtyard. Nancy will also soon be part of the breakfast-time fun during Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine at Hollywood & Vine.
- The newest water coaster is Miss Fortune Falls. Grab a raft & take an adventure on some white-water rapids.
As we get more information all of what’s new at Disney World, we will keep you updated!
Which of these are you most excited to experience?