Are you planning a trip to Walt Disney World this spring? If so, you are certainly in for a real treat! The parks become beautiful with spring flowers and you can enjoy the beautiful Florida sunshine without all that nasty, sticky humidity.
While all the parks are fun, best time to go to Epcot is in the Spring. If you are unsure whether or not you are going to visit Epcot this spring, let me give you 5 reasons to go.
Reasons to Visit Epcot this Spring
Epcot Flower & Garden Festival
From March 6-June 3, 2019, Epcot transforms into a beautiful feast for the senses. You will find colorful topiaries featuring animals, insects, and even your favorite Disney characters.
Be sure to look out for topiaries featuring stars from the new Disney movies coming out in 2019.
Not only are their gorgeous flower displays, there are outdoor kitchens that offer guests the chance to try various types of cuisine. It is a great way to sample dishes from all over the world.
We love to save our snack credits (from our Disney dining plan) so that we can eat our way through the different countries in the World Showcase.
This is the only time of the year that you can interact with butterflies at Epcot. It is a lovely experience that the whole family can enjoy.
Epcot “Garden Rocks” Outdoor Concert Series
For the price of admission to Epcot this Spring, you may get the opportunity to hear some really good music. This year, Epcot will have concerts nightly at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8:00 p.m.
We’ve seen bands such as Night Ranger & Village People.
It is always good fun to sit back & relax for an hour or so while enjoying your favorite beverage.
The 2019 Garden Rocks Concert Series:
- March 6-8: Journey former lead vocalist STEVE AUGERI (NEW) “Don’t Stop Believin’ ”
- March 9-10: Glass Tiger (New to Garden Rocks) “Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone)”
- March 11-12: Jon Anderson of YES (NEW) “Owner of A Lonely Heart”
- March 13-14: Tony Orlando “Knock Three Times”
- March 17-20: Simple Plan “Perfect”
- March 21-22: Ambrosia (NEW) “Biggest Part of Me”
- March 23-24: Magic Giant (NEW) “Set on Fire”
- March 25-27: Air Supply (New to Garden Rocks) “All Out of Love”
- March 28-29: Berlin featuring Terri Nunn “Take My Breath Away”
- March 30-31: The Smithereens (NEW to Garden Rocks) “Top of the Pops”
- April 1-2: Rick Springfield “Jessie’s Girl”
- April 3-4: Christopher Cross (NEW to Garden Rocks) “Sailing”
- April 5-7: The Spinners “Working My Way Back to You”
- April 8-9: Dennis DeYoung, original member of the group STYX “Come Sail Away”
- April 10-11: John Michael Montgomery (NEW) “I Love the Way You Love Me”
- April 12-13: Sister Sledge (NEW to Garden Rocks) “We Are Family”
- April 14-16: Night Ranger “Sister Christian”
- April 17-19: Sister Hazel (NEW to Garden Rocks) “All For You”
- April 20-21: Steven Curtis Chapman (NEW) “Cinderella”
- April 22-23: TobyMac (NEW) “The Elements”
- April 24-26: Lonestar “Amazed”
- April 27-30: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
- May 1-4: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry VIII I Am”
- May 5-7: Don Felder, Formerly of the Eagles “Hotel California”
- May 8-9: A Flock of Seagulls (NEW) “I Ran (So Far Away)”
- May 10-11: Marshall Tucker Band (NEW to Garden Rocks) “Heard It in a Love Song”
- May 14-15: Richard Marx (New to Garden Rocks) “Right Here Waiting”
- May 16- 19: STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
- May 20-21: Colin Hay of Men at Work (NEW) “Who Can It Be Now?”
- May 22-23: War (NEW) “Why Can’t We Be Friends”
- May 24-27: The Guess Who “American Woman”
- May 28-29: Jon Secada “Just Another Day”
- May 30- June 1: Blood, Sweat and Tears “Spinning Wheel”
Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration family scavenger hunt will have new locations to discover along the garden pollination trail.
For a small fee, you can purchase an Eggstravaganza Easter Egg Hunt kit. You will then go on a quest to find all the eggs hidden in the World Showcase.
In celebration of Disneynature’s “Penguins,” opening April 17, a 9-foot-tall art sculpture made from recycled marine debris will be on display in Future World featuring an adult and baby Adélie penguin.
Hopefully this is enough to convince you to go to Epcot this Spring!
Have you been to Epcot in the Spring? What was your favorite part?