There are many new things in the works for Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts! Some rides will be leaving, but not to worry, they will be replaced with some pretty cool new attractions. You will also find rides featured in other Disney parks coming to Walt Disney World, new themed resorts and new dining experiences. We can’t wait to share what’s coming to Walt Disney World in the next few years! There are going to be some awesome updates!
Here’s what’s coming to Walt Disney World in 2018 & beyond:
- We’ve been eagerly awaiting the opening of Star Wars land. Part of this area has been named Galaxy’s Edge and will open in 2019. Get a sneak peek of what it looks like in the above video.
- Toy Story Land will be ready in the summer of 2018. It will feature 2 new rides: Slinky Dog Dash will be a family coaster and Alien Swirling Saucers.
- The Great Movie ride has left the Chinese Theater in Hollywood Studios and will be replaced with Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction. The attraction will put you inside the cartoon short, where you will take an unpredictable ride with twists and turns and special video that is said to be in 2.5 D. No glasses needed!
- Disney Skyliner transportation system will connect Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts and other locations with Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot. This will be an outdoor gondola style transporter. This is set to begin operation in 2018.
- There is going to be a Star Wars-themed resort that is completely immersive! This is going to pair great with Star Wars Land coming to Hollywood Studios.
- The newest Disney Vacation Club Resort is going to be called Disney Riviera Resort. This resort will feature roof-top restaurants with views of Epcot & Hollywood Studios night shows.
- Ellen’s Universe of Energy at Future World in Epcot closed in August in preparation for a new Guardians of the Galaxy ride. I would imagine that with this new ride, we might also be seeing some meet & greets!
- Ratatouille: The Adventure ride (like the one Disneyland Paris) will be coming to the World Showcase in France. We had the chance to ride this in Disneyland Paris and it was fun! This ride is a 4D experience where you are turned into a rat like Remy and go on a race through Gustau’s Parisian restaurant. Not only will you wear 3-D glasses, but you will also be experiencing smells of Paris and twists and turns as you go on your journey.
- A Tron attraction is coming to Tomorrowland right next to the Space Mountain attraction at Magic Kingdom. This will be similar to the TRON Lightcycle Power Run attraction at Shanghai Disneyland where you board a two-wheeled Light cycle and go on a roller coaster like journey into the world of Tron. This isn’t expected to be opened until 2021.
- There will be an Inside Out ride that will be taking the place of Figment Journey into Imagination. We don’t know the details but it has been speculated that it will take you on a ride through the mind.
- China Pavilion is getting a new Circle-Vision film with updates.
- There will be a new table service restaurant adjacent to Mission Space in Epcot that will have a Space theme.
What do you think about what’s coming to Walt Disney World? Anything you are really excited about?