Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party is one of the most popular times to visit Magic Kingdom. Even the expensive ticket price doesn’t sway people from experiencing all the Christmas magic Magic Kingdom has to offer. Depending on the night you attend, it could get very crowded at the park during the Christmas Party. You won’t be able to do & see everything, but here are some Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Tips to help you make the most out of your trip.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Tips
- Buy your tickets in advance because they do sell out on occasion. We always buy ours through Undercover Tourist because they are less expensive!
- Get your Disney Christmas themed shirts before you arrive at Walmart! You will find Disney Christmas shirts throughout the parks, but you will pay upwards of $30. You can get equally nice shirts at the Orlando Walmart for half that!
- Get there early! You can arrive as early as 3:45pm (even though your ticket will state 7pm). You will receive a special wristband that shows you have purchased a party ticket.
- Stop by the Fire House to get your FREE Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card.
- Take your time in the Town Square because there are a ton of great photo opts including a countdown to Christmas display on the right side of the Town Hall.
- There will be special meet & greets throughout the park. The lines are quite long, so be sure you get yourself there early.
- Not all restaurants are open during the party, so keep that in mind when planning your dinner.
- While you can purchase all kinds of yummy Christmas themed treats, you will get FREE Christmas Cookies and hot chocolate at several different spots throughout the park. Different places have different types of cookies!
- Have your kids bring their Christmas letters for Santa. They can leave them in Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe.
- There are 2 Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parades. The 2nd is usually less crowded. Santa appears on his sleigh at the end of the parade so stay until the end!
- Watch the lighting of Cinderella’s Castle. There is nothing like seeing the dream lights on Cinderella’s castle!
- After the fireworks show, it will snow on Main Street USA. This is the only time you will get to see this and it is magical!
A trip to Walt Disney World during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is certainly a magical experience. The main thing is to enjoy your time in the park. Don’t rush! Allow yourself to get lost in the moment. It is an experience you will never forget!
We hope you find these Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Tips helpful! If you have other tips to share, feel free to comment below.