One way to save time and still get some one on one time with your child’s favorite Disney characters is through a character meals. These meals are usually a bit more pricey, but give your child a more intimate meet & greet experience with the characters. We have found that the best Disney Character Meals require reservations and can take about 1 1/2 hours to get through.
There are several Disney Character Meals to choose from which can make it hard to decide which one is right for your family. Make sure that you read carefully about each one before you book, because characters can change depending on the meal and the time of day. We have been to just about every character dining experience at Disney World and have made a list of what we think are the best Disney Character Meals.
Our list of the BEST Disney Character Meals:
1. Tusker House. If you have a child who is fan of Mickey’s Gang, one of the best places to meet many of them is at Animal Kingdom’s Tusker House. The breakfast is beyond good and each character will come to your table, sign autographs and pose for pictures.
2. 1900 Park Fare. While you can meet Cinderella & the step family at the 1900 Park Fare for dinner, I really enjoy all the characters you can meet if you go there for Supercalifragilistic Breakfast! Not only do you get a wonderful meal, but you get to meet Pooh & Friends along with Mary Poppins, Alice & the Madd Hatter!
3. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. If you want to meet & greet Disney Princesses, nothing compares to the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. While characters do rotate, some that you will have a chance to meet are Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Mulan, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Mary Poppins. While the food isn’t the best, it is the best meal if your little one wants to see just about all the princesses at one time.
4. Ohana at Polynesian. Want to meet Lilo & Stitch? One of the best ways to meet these two is at Ohana. Breakfast is served family style, with plenty of Mickey Waffles, Eggs and POG juice to go around! This meal is served family style but the food (like a buffet) is unlimited.
5. Hollywood & Vine. During certain times of the year, Hollywood & Vine has a dinner buffet with Minnie and friends that features seasonal cuisine. The food is much better than many other dinner buffets with sides like roasted brussel sprouts and butternut squash. What also sets this one apart is that it has a fantastic dessert selection and a chocolate fountain.
What do you think are the best Disney Character Meals?