Often when we think about Epcot, we think of it as a great place for adults and maybe older children, but we don’t always think about Epcot as an educational experience for preschool & elementary age children. Epcot has found a great way to keep children entertained, while teaching them about other cultures through their FREE Epcot Kidcot Fun Stop Educational Experience.
When you start off in the World Showcase, look for the Kidcot Fun Stop Station signs (there is one in each country). When you initially go there, your child can get a Duffy Bear to color. Duffy Bear is the perfect mascot for the World Showcase’s Kidcot Fun Stops because he has travelled the world with Mickey. As they progress through the various stops, kids can continue to color Duffy while also collecting stamps from Cast members.
The Epcot Kidcot Fun Stop Educational Experience makes it fun for kids to learn about other cultures. Most of the cast members working in the Kidcot Fun Stop areas of the World Showcase are actually from that particular country and will gladly answer questions about their culture. If you ask, cast members will also write your child’s name and/or how to say “hello” in their native language (Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, etc.) on the back of their Duffy Bear souvenir. Older children who don’t want a coloring souvenir, might prefer a World Showcase Passport (available for purchase) for their stamps.
Where to Find Kidcot Fun Stops
- Mexico Pavilion (near Animales Fantasticos)
- Norway Pavilion (at The Puffin’s Roost)
- China Pavilion (near the exit of Reflections of China)
- Germany Pavilion (at Volkunst)
- Italy Pavilion (outside, near La Bottega Italiana)
- American Adventure Pavilion (outside, near Heritage Manor Gifts)
- Japan Pavilion (in the Bijutsu-kan Gallery)
- Morocco Pavilion (at the Marketplace in the Medina)
- France Pavilion (at Souvenirs de France)
- United Kingdom Pavilion (at The Toy Soldier)
- Canada Pavilion (at the exit of O Canada!)
How do you use Epcot as an educational experience?