(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy.)
If you only have one day to spend it Magic Kingdom, you will want to get the most out of your experience. The first thing you will want to do is to make a plan for what you want to ride. We suggest you start by choosing three off our list of the 10 best Magic Kingdom Rides and then plan the rest of your day trying to fit in the rest.
There is no way you will be able to do & see EVERYTHING in one day but if you take advantage of Disney FastPasses and Extra Park Magic Hours, you will be able to pack in a good bit of fun!
Fastpass Tips for Riding the Best Magic Kingdom Rides
- Avoid booking FastPass rides first thing in the morning.
- Instead, get in line for one of the popular Magic Kingdom rides (that you don’t have a FastPass for) as soon as you get to the park. Lines are MUCH shorter when the park initially opens, especially if it is a day when Disney Resort guests get into the park early.
- Stack your FastPasses as close together as you can.
- Once you are done with the 3rd FastPass, you can book individual FastPasses one by one at a Kiosk or on your My Disney Experience App.
10 BEST Rides at Magic Kingdom
- Splash Mountain (Get a Fast Pass)
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Get a Fast Pass)
- Thunder Mountain Railroad (Get a Fast Pass)
- Pirates of Caribbean
- It’s a Small World
- Space Mountain (Get a Fast Pass)
- Haunted Mansion
- Astro Orbiter
- Mad Hatter Tea Cups
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The list above are some of my personal favorites when it comes to Magic Kingdom.
Most of these rides & attractions have FastPasses but you should attempt to get FastPasses for the first three on this list (followed by #6).
#2 is the hardest to get a FastPass for and if you can’t get one, I would suggest trying to get in line for it as soon as you get to Magic Kingdom.
Other Magic Kingdom Rides to consider:
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Dumbo Flying Elephants
- Jungle Cruise
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- People Mover
- Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Disney Speedway
These rides are fun, but usually not as crowded as the first 10. The only exception to this is Peter Pan’s Flight. It is ALWAYS ridiculously crowded and for a 2 minute ride, I can never justify waiting an hour or more for it.
Magic Kingdom park has so many different rides and attractions that it is hard to be able to do everything in one day. Ideally, you will have 2-3 days in the park.
If you only have one day at Magic Kingdom, make sure that you use your FastPasses and get to the park as soon as it opens!
Are you traveling with someone or maybe you are someone who doesn’t like rides? Don’t worry. There are plenty of fun activities at Magic Kingdom that don’t involve rides.
What do you think are the best Magic Kingdom rides?