When travelling to the Disney World, you will want to make sure that you have certain things with you. The easiest way to pack for Disney World is to bring a bag that you can carry easily.\Our choice are backpacks.
Backpacks are great bags to bring to the Disney World parks because they usually have several pockets to store items and they allow your arms to be completely free.
Wondering what to pack for Disney World parks in your backpack? We have some great ideas for you to consider.
What to Pack for Disney World Parks (in your backpack):
- Poncho. Let’s face it, you are in Florida. You will most likely experience rain at some point during your Disney World vacation. Go ahead and purchase an inexpensive Rain Poncho prior to your stay and pack it with you!
- Your camera.While many people use their phone, I suggest you bring your DSLR if you have one (and a Comfortable Camera Neck Strap )
- Sunscreen. It is good to apply sunscreen prior to going to the parks, but I would also bring a tube/stick with you because you’ll be feeling that sun when you are watching the afternoon parade.
- Advil or Tylenol. After a day of walking, you may find that you either have a headache or muscle aches. It will cost you about $3 for one pill if you purchase them at the park.
- Hand Sanitizer. Think of all the things you touch at a park and how many other people have touched those same things. Enough said.
- Sunglasses/Hat. You won’t want to be without your sunglasses or a hat in sunny Florida.
- Ziploc bags. If you plan on going on Splash mountain, you will want to have a bag to store items you don’t want to get wet.
- Water Bottle. Bring your own & you can refill it for free. You can refill your water bottle at water fountains, but I prefer getting cups of water from service counters (they are complimentary and cold).
- We also sometimes bring a small freezable insulated lunch bag to keep them cold & lemonade powder packs to add flavor to the water.
- Snacks. Rather than spending a ton of money buying snacks when hunger comes over you, save your money for the real special Disney treats. You can bring anything with you from Protein bars to Goldfish crackers!
- Change (specifically quarters and pennies). If you are looking for cheap souvenirs, you can get Disney pressed pennies with 2 Quarters and a Penny.
- First Aid Travel Kit. Kids fall down and shoes can give your blisters. It’s always a good idea to be prepared so you aren’t wasting time looking for them at the park. Get a small first aid kit and put it in your backpack!
- Charge cord for your phone or Portable Charger. There are charging stations located in the parks and at some restaurants in the event you need one!
- Autograph book & Retractable Sharpie. Kids love to get autographs at the Character Meet & Greets. Rather than have to keep up with a pen & its top, it’s best to the retractable kind of sharpie.
- Glow stick necklaces. These necklaces can be found at the Dollar Store and are great if you are planning to stay for the night parade. It will (hopefully) prevent your kids for begging for the overly expensive Disney Version.
- Ribbon if you have a stroller. Find out why you need ribbon for your Disney trip.
These are just some ideas on what to pack for Disney World parks in your backpack. The real key is to make sure you pack smart, bringing the items you know you will use, not things that will weigh you down.
What other items do you bring with you to the parks?