If you are looking for a great way to experience other cultures while at Disney World, you need to check out the stops along the Epcot World Showcase. Just beyond Future World, Epcot’s World Showcase opens up to the general public at 11 am each day and features 11 different countries. It will take you a good part of your day to get through each country, but if you want some tips on which ones are the best Epcot World Showcase Stops, you are in the right place!
Here is my list of BEST Epcot World Showcase Stops:
- Mexico: As soon as you get to Mexico Pavilion, you won’t miss the HUGE pyramid structure on your left. Inside you will find the first Kidcot location, a Mexican themed store full of traditional handmade Mexican items, San Angel Inn restaurant and the Gran Fiesta Tour ride! Little kids will love this easy boat ride which takes guests on a journey to find Donald with the Three Caballeros. While you could choose to dine at San Angel, my personal favorite restaurant in all of Epcot happens to be across the walkway at La Hacienda de San Angel. If you are looking for a margarita, you’ll find a margarita stand just outside the pyramid.
- Norway: What I consider the best Epcot World Showcase Stops happens to be Norway! Visit The Royal Sommerhus to meet Anna & Elsa, take a voyage into Arendelle on Frozen Ever After Ride and stop by The Stave Church where you’ll find some more Frozen fun. You might even spot a few Vikings hanging around! Looking for a place to eat with the Princesses? The place to go is Akershus, just be sure to make a reservation in advance.
- China: Above all else, I believe that the China pavilion is the most picturesque. If you time it right, you may find a pretty fabulous Acrobat show right near the ceremonial gate and pond area. It is a show you won’t want to miss and will keep unruly children entertained!
- Germany: If you want a beer or bratwurst , Germany is the place to find it! If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind gift or souvenir, be sure to go to die Weihnachtsecke where you can purchase a Christmas Pickle (a German tradition) for your tree.
- Italy: Modeled after St. Mark’s Square in Venice, the Italian Pavilion takes you back to Ancient Italy. As you enter the town plaza, you might be lucky enough to stumble upon Live Street Theatre or the resident Mime. Both put on a wonderful show. Be sure not to miss the Tutto Italia cart to grab an Italian ice.
- USA: Often overlooked by Americans, this stop in World Showcase is pretty cool. Inside, there is an animatronics stage show of American history that is similar to the Hall of Presidents. My favorite time of year to check this building out is during Christmas because you will find carolers and a Gingerbread Sculpture of the Capitol Building.
- Japan: If you asked my kids, they would probably say that their favorite park of the World Showcase is going to Mitsukoshi Department Store! Filled with Hello Kitty, Pokemon and other popular Japanese animae toys, this store is a kids dream. Above Mitsukoshi, you will find another one of my favorite restaurants, Teppan Edo. Outside, you’ll find one of the coolest candy-making demonstration at Disney. Miyuki, trained in the art of candy making, can make anything from elephants to frogs! Don’t miss her show!
- Morocco: If you have never been to Morocco, Epcot really does a phenomenal job in making you feel as if you are in fact going through the streets of Marrakesh through music, aromas of food, and the hand crafted items in the shop. One thing you want to do just for fun is try on a Shikat outfit (traditional Belly Dancing outfit)!
- France: Rest your legs a bit by having a seat by the town fountain (makes a great photo opt). You really must venture into the back of France to find the hidden jewels. If you would like to try some wine, Vins De France is the place to go for a sample or a glass. Looking for the perfect scent? Try samples at Plume et Palette. No stop in France is complete without a trip to Le Artisans de Glaces for a treat.
- United Kingdom: Once you cross the bridge to “the other side of the pond,” you won’t be able to miss the British Rock Tribute band playing under the gazebo nearest to the Toy Soldier shop. Grab a pint and enjoy! Want a Stein to take back home? Venture into The Crown and Crest and find the one you like best. Those that have a football, or as American’s call it, Soccer fan, head over to the Sportsmans’ Shop situated on the corner of town.
- Canada: If you are in the mood for a good steak at Epcot World Showcase, then you will want to eat at Le Cellier. Just be sure to make a reservation in advance because this one gets booked quickly! Right outside Le Cellier is a stunning garden where you can take some amazing photos! If you didn’t get enough music in the UK, check out Off Kilter band for a little rock with a bagpipe twist!
There is just no way to see EVERYTHING in Epcot’s World Showcase in one visit. If you have only one day, be sure to use this list of best Epcot World Showcase Stops as a guide for what you want to make sure you see.
Looking for Characters? Check out my list of Where You Can Meet Characters at Epcot’s World Showcase
What is your favorite Epcot World Showcase stop?