If you are staying at a Walt Disney Resort, you have probably seen the Disney Refillable Mugs. These mugs allow you to get free refills at all beverage stations located on Disney resort property. Those staying on resort and using the Disney Dining Plan will be able to get a mug for free, otherwise they can be purchased for a set price.
These mugs allow you to get your drinks at drink stations located at all Disney Resorts for free as often as you wish during your stay. You don’t have to use these refillable mugs for soda. You can choose Coffee, Tea, Lemonade, Powerade and Vitamin Water and drink as little or as much as you would like.
What you need to know about Disney Refillable Mugs:
- Mugs are FREE with Disney Dining Plan or $17.99 each. Price is subject to change.
- You don’t have to stay at a Disney Resort to purchase a mug.
- Each Mug is built in with a chip to make the drink machine accessible.
- Mugs can be refilled at any quick service location at all Disney resorts.
- Mugs come with a choice of 4 Lid Colors: Green, Purple, Blue & Red
- If you try one drink & want to switch to another, you have to wait 2 minutes for the chip to reset.
- There is a wash station at all quick service locations (so you can easily wash out your mug)
- These mugs cannot be used at ANY Walt Disney World park, this includes the water parks.
One question we get more than any when it comes to the Disney Refillable Mugs is “Can you reuse them?” You can always bring them with you on your Disney vacation, but you will not be able to get soda, lemonade, Powerade or Vitamin Water from the drink dispenser because your chip will not be active. You can however get water, brewed coffee and tea. If you want to reactivate your mug to get soda, then you just let the cast member at the food service counter know and they will do it when you check out.
What do you think of Disney Refillable Mugs?