Disney MagicBands 2.0 are the newest device to streamline your Disney vacation. If you are staying at a Disney World resort, each guest in your party will receive one MagicBand. Your MagicBand will serve as everything from your room keys to payment method in the park. There is no longer a need for park tickets or paper fast passes because your MagicBand will hold all the information you will need for your Disney vacation in one place!
A few weeks before our vacation, you can go to My Disney Experience online and choose the colors the colors of your MagicBands. Once the colors are set, the MagicBands are typically are sent quickly (ours were over-nighted via Fed Ex). Be sure you like the color that you choose, because once the colors are set, the MagicBands are mailed out, you are set with what you get.
Even before receiving your MagicBands, you will be able to start your online planning. While online choosing your MagicBands, you will also be able to start planning out your vacation in terms of dining reservations. Simply go online or download the My Disney Experience App for Walt Disney World and you can book dining reservations and fast passes using the FastPass+ System.
Here is where is gets really cool about Disney MagicBands…
- When you check in to your Disney Resort, each of you will swipe your MagicBands. The MagicBands will serve as your room key! Simply place your wrist near the door pad and va-voom, you are in your room! No more keycards to keep up with!
- Not only will your MagicBands serve as your park entrance ticket, you can also use it to keep track of your photos through PhotoPass. Each time you have a picture taken by a photographer on Disney property, you will swipe your band. This will send that picture to your My Disney Experience account for you to view later.
- Through My Disney Experience, you can book your FastPasses ahead of your trip. You will be allowed three per day (after you use all three, you can get additional FastPasses one at a time at a FastPass + kiosk or through the My Disney Experience App). When you arrive at the FastPass location, you just scan your MagicBand and are let in.
- Need to pay for something on resort or at the parks? Simply swipe your band! No need to carry cash or credit cards anymore. You will however, need to remember a four digit code. Make sure you pick something you will easily remember!
- MagicBands are waterproof, which means you can wear them poolside or on Splash Mountain!
Even if you are not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, you can take advantage of MagicBands. They are available for purchase online and in stores on Disney property. Once you’ve purchased your bands, simply link your tickets online and you can begin using them just like you would if you were staying on Disney property.
- You can find MagicBand 2.0 accessories at places like Pin Traders & World of Disney Store in Disney Springs and at Disney World parks & resort gift stores.
- If you travel to Disney multiple times, you will be able to reuse your Disney MagicBands. The battery inside the band has a life cycle of around 3 years.
- If you lose your MagicBand, make sure that you let a Cast Member know. While you might have to purchase another, you can retrieve all the information off the former band and transfer it to a new one.
- Smaller children may have trouble keeping their Disney MagicBands on their wrists unless you size them. If you flip the MagicBand over, you will find a guide to trim the band to fit properly.
Have you used MagicBands? What did you think?