If you are planning on taking a Disney Cruise out of Florida or Texas, one of the perks is that you will get to go to Disney’s Castaway Cay! Castaway Cay is Disney’s own private island in the Bahamas. Most Disney ships go there at least one day and some go two depending on the itinerary. Doesn’t matter how long you go, it is never enough to experience all the activities at Castaway Cay.
Disney’s private island is a little over 3 miles long and 2 miles wide with a beautifully sandy coastline and crystal blue water. You could probably spend the entire time there on the beach or in the water, but then you would miss out on all the other fun activities at Castaway Cay! Wondering what else you can do while there?
Top 10 Activities at Castaway Cay:
1. Post Office. In the desk in your room, you will find 2 Disney Cruise Line Postcards. Take a few dollars with you to the local Post Office and grab some stamps and have them stamped with the official Castaway Cay Postmark! Talk about a cheap souvenir or memento for your scrapbook. Keep in mind, you must pay cash; your Keys to the Ship cards won’t work. Another perk about stopping by the post office is that you will likely see a few of your favorite Disney Characters hanging out!
2. Pelican Plunge. If you have kids, they are going to love spending time flying down the slides at Pelican Plunge. Be prepared to do some swimming. In order to get out to the slides, you have to swim over some fairly deep water. Younger swimmers can opt to wear a flotation vest to help them make it across and back.
3. Bike Rentals. Check out a bike (they have a bike for every age level) and take a ride throughout Castaway Cay on the bike trails. Be sure to stop at the Observation Tower to catch a one of a kind view of the cruise ship!
4. In-Da-Shade-Games. Once you’ve had your fill of sun and surf, be sure to check out In-Da-Shade-Games. Choose to shoot some hoops, play a relaxing game of checkers or a round of ping-pong. Even if it rains, there are covered activities at Castaway Cay.
5. Spring a Leak. Little ones will love being able to splash about in Spring a Leak, where they will find a splash pad with fountains that sprout up from the ground.
6. Snorkeling. One of our favorite activities at Castaway Cay is snorkeling. For a small fee, you can rent snorkeling gear on the island. There is a section of Castaway Cay that is reserved just for snorkeling and you can see some pretty amazing things you won’t find anywhere else in the Bahamas! Best part is that you can go at your own pace. You can book your gear in advance or pay for it on the island.
7. Swimming with Stingrays. Don’t worry, the Stingrays aren’t swimming freely throughout the waters of Castaway Cay! There is a section where you can swim with them, though! You will be taken with a guide and the rays will swim right up to you and onto the platform so that you can touch them! You should book this encounter before you arrive.
8. Paddle boats. Go into Castaway Cay as a family on board a Paddle boat! These are super fun for the whole family and if you work together, you will have no problem maneuvering this lightweight boat out into the ocean. Other water boat excursions are available like Kayaking and Motorboats.
9. Castaway Cay meet & greets and dance party. You will find your favorite Disney characters on the island throughout the day and Chip & Dale even host a dance party!
10. Eating FREE Ice Cream. Not only will you get a full buffet lunch on the island, you will also get free soda and ice cream. The same all you can eat ice cream on board the ship is available on Castaway Cay!
I’m fairly certain that Disney thought about everything when creating Castaway Cay. There is so much to do there that you will have no trouble spending the entire day on the island! Remember, these are only my top 10 Activities at Disney’s Castaway Cay. There are more things that I didn’t include, like shopping for Castaway Cay souvenirs!
What are your favorite Activities at Disney’s Castaway Cay?