Do you enjoy meeting characters at the Disney parks? If so you will be in for a treat when you take a Disney Cruise. There are Disney meet and greet opportunities every night on the ship. And if you get the chance to go to Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, you will find characters there too! We have compiled a list of Disney characters at Castaway Cay and their locations.
List of Disney Characters at Castaway Cay
While Disney characters can vary depending on the day, you can usually spot most of these at one time or another on the island. Some will have posted times, while others just show up when the show up.
- Mickey Mouse
- Minnie Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Chip & Dale
- Jack Sparrow
- Captain Hook & Mr. Smee
Where you might find Disney Characters at Castaway Cay
Most of the time, characters are at designated spots located around the island. Because the island isn’t that big, you should be able to spot many of the characters with very little wait times. Here is where you should look to find Disney characters at Castaway Cay:
- Castaway Cay Post Office (characters will switch out during the day & on pirate night, you might find more pirate themed characters).
- Mickey sometimes makes a visit to the Dig Site
- Mount Rustmore will usually have one character from the Fab five at various parts of the day
- Chip & Dale are known to have a dance party and will usually stick around for photo opts near Cookies BBQ
- Olaf tends to show up at the Summertime Freeze Drink stand
- In the afternoon until early evening, there tend to be characters who will appear on the dock as you arrive back to the ship.
When you pack for your day at Castaway Cay, be sure to pack your autograph book and a pen! While there are usually photographers at each character greeting, you may want to pack your own phone or camera just in case you stumble upon a character. Worried about bringing your phone with you to Castaway Cay? One thing I would recommend is this waterproof phone case.
Have you done any Disney character meet & greets on Castaway Cay?