One of the many perks of staying at Disney resorts is being able to watch a Disney movie under the stars. On most evenings (weather permitting), you can take advantage of seeing a popular Disney movie at the resort’s outdoor theater area.
Sometimes this area is poolside, other times it is outside in an open space near the main lobby.
If you are hoping to catch a Disney movie under the stars on your next stay at Disney World, here is where you can find them.
Where to Watch a Disney Movie Under the Stars
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort at the Reel Spot
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort at Calypso Pool
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort at Touchdown Football Field
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort on the Green (building #5)
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort at the Hippy Dippy Pool
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort on Caribbean Cay Island
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort at the Lost City Pool
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort at the Campfire
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort at Sandcastle Pool
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside at Oak Manor Courtyard
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter Green (between buildings 5&6)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge at Sunset Lounge & at Palace Library
- Disney’s Beach & Yacht Club Resort at the Lawn (near Volleyball Courts)
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn at Community Hall & Village Green (changes each night)
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort at the Courtyard
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa on the Courtyard Lawn.
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort at the Ceremonial House Lawn.
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge at the Marina
You will find a list of movies playing throughout the week when you receive your Disney Resort Activity Guide upon check-in.
Movies under the Stars is free for all Disney Resort guests! Just bring a towel to sit on and a snack to enjoy!
Have you seen any of the Movies under the Stars during a stay at Walt Disney World?
Disney World Planning Information
There is so much to think about when it comes to planning your Disney vacation. We encourage you to check out our entire site, but if you are just getting started with planning, we have some posts you should begin with.
Looking for the best time to visit Disney World? We have Disney World crowd calendars that will tell you what’s going on each month of the year, dates to avoid, typical weather conditions, and other useful information.
Considering a Disney World Resort? There are so many perks to staying on Disney property. We have a full list of all the Disney Resorts as well as many Disney Resort reviews for you to get a firsthand perspective.
Want to get the best deal on your trip? We can show you not only how to travel to Disney on a budget, but we can also give you ideas on how to save on Disney tickets and where to book your vacation so that you get the best price.
We even have Disney packing lists, essential park day items and other things to consider bringing with you to the park that you might not think about.
Lastly, if you are traveling to Disney World for the first time and unsure how Genie+ and Lightning Lane work, where to find Hidden Mickeys or if you should add a Disney Dining Plan, we have tons of information to share..
Remember that we aren’t travel agents, we are regular Disney travelers just like you, but have been blessed with the opportunity to visit the parks regularly. Because we’ve been so much, we’ve learned many valuable Disney insider tips that we can share with others.