If you are planning on taking a Disney Cruise out of Florida or Texas, one of the perks is that you will get to go to Disney’s Castaway Cay! Castaway Cay is Disney’s own private island in the Bahamas. There are several excursions to choose from, but really you can have just as an enjoyable experience with spending little to no money.
Top Activities at Disney’s Castaway Cay:
1. Post Office. In the desk in your room, you will find 2 Disney Cruise Line Post Cards. Take a few dollars with you to the local Post Office and grab some stamps and have them stamped with the official Castaway Cay Postmark! Talk about a cheap souvenir or memento for your scrapbook. Keep in mind, you must pay cash; your Keys to the Ship cards won’t work. Another perk about stopping by the post office is that you will likely see a few of your favorite Disney Characters hanging out!
2. Pelican Plunge. If you have kids, they are going to love spending time flying down the slides at Pelican Plunge. Be prepared to do some swimming. In order to get out to the slides, you have to swim over some fairly deep water. Younger swimmers can opt to wear a flotation vest to help them make it across and back.
3. Bike Rentals. Check out a bike (they have a bike for every age level) and take a ride throughout Castaway Cay on the bike trails. Be sure to stop at the Observation Tower to catch a one of a kind view of the cruise ship!
4. In-Da-Shade-Games. Once you’ve had your fill of sun and surf, be sure to check out In-Da-Shade-Games. Choose to shoot some hoops, play a relaxing game of checkers or a round of ping-pong. Even if it rains, there are covered activities at Disney’s Castaway Cay.
5. Spring a Leak. Little ones will love being able to splash about in Spring a Leak, where they will find a soft covered play area with fountains that spout up from the ground.
I’m fairly certain that Disney thought about everything when creating Castaway Cay. There is so much to do there that you will have no trouble spending the entire day on the island! Remember, these are only my top 5 Activities at Disney’s Castaway Cay. There are more things that I didn’t include… like the FREE all you can eat soft serve ice cream!
What are your favorite Activities at Disney’s Castaway Cay?