We are gearing up for our second cruise aboard the Disney Dream and since I have already been once, I thought I would share my list of 10 essential items to bring on a Disney Cruise! Keep in mind, I have 2 kids, so many of the things on my list are items that a family with kids would want to have with them on a Disney Cruise. My list of items are in no particular order:
1. Sunscreen. While you can purchase sunscreen on board the Disney Dream or other cruise ships, you will pay more than you would had you brought it yourself!
2. Sand Toys/ Inner tube. One of the benefits on going on a Disney Cruise is going to their private island, Castaway Cay! You can purchase sand toys and inner tubes there, but if you have your own bucket and shovel, you might as well bring them!
3. Pirate Outfit. All Disney Cruises have a Pirate Night when all Cast Members, Crew, and Guests are dressed in their finest Pirate attire. They will give you bandanas to wear, but why not go the extra step and pack a pirate sword or eye patch to take with you!
4. Sweater or Jacket. Yes, you are most likely planning a cruise during warm weather, but in the evenings the wind may pick up or you may find that the restaurants are a little cool. Having a cardigan or light weight jacket to throw on (especially for little ones) is great to have just in case.
5. Snacks. You can bring bottled water & snacks on board the Disney cruise ship to keep in your cabin. This way you will have something to take with you on your excursions or just to have in your state room.
6. Binoculars. If you have a pair of binoculars, it would be great to bring them with you on a Disney Cruise. You never know what you might have the chance to see while on the balcony or on deck.
7. Flip flops. You can walk around barefoot on the Disney Cruiseline pool deck, but it can get quite slippery. Be sure to pack flip flops or watershoes to wear poolside and while on the beach in Castaway Cay.
8. Beach bag/ Backpack. Whether you go to the beach at Castaway Cay or take an excursion, you will want to have a light weight bag to carry off board with you.
9. Garbage/ Ziplock bags. We always keep a garbage bag for dirty clothes. Since we aren’t going to be doing laundry while on board the Disney Cruise, it helps to keep all used clothing in one place. Ziplock bags are great for anything including wet suits that don’t dry in time on your departure day!
10. Cruise documents, excursion information, maps, birth certificates and other important ids! Last thing you want to do is forget your paperwork. I suggest putting all documents in one folder so you don’t end up losing anything during your check in process!
Am I missing anything? If you have something to add to my list of items to bring on a Disney Cruise, please comment below!