People often ask me why we cruise so much. We love to cruise with Disney Cruise line because we know what to expect; great customer service, wonderful accommodations, best food ever and the kids always have something fun to do! Because we have cruised with Disney so much, I have some Disney Cruise secrets to share with you. Here are my top 20 Disney Cruise Secrets:
1. Rooms are not ready until 1:30. Your luggage may not arrive until much later. Pack what you need on your carry on.
2. There is a pin trading night on board where many of the ships crew allow you to trade off of their lanyards.
3. Soda, Coffee & Tea are FREE at the beverage stations. If you buy drinks at the bar or at concession stand will cost you money. Bring your own drinks to the show/movie/ poolside!
4. You can bring your own wine instead of purchasing it on board. There is a $29 uncorking fee that is non-negotiable if you want to drink your wine at dinner. While this fee is high, it is cheaper than the wine on board.
5. The drink of the day is about $4 less than all other alcoholic drinks. There is a drink of the day EVERY DAY.
6. Kids meals are served before adults. This is because many parents choose to have the kids leave for the kids club after they eat. If you don’t plan on having your kids leave, you may want to tell your server to bring their meals when you have yours.
7. Room Service is Free. The menu contains things you might not otherwise get on the cruise!
8. When the ship is at port, the stores are closed.
9. If you choose not to eat at your nightly dining location, there is another option. You can eat poolside or you can go to the buffet.
10. Every Disney Cruise has a Pirate Night. Get your pirate gear before you arrive; it will be much cheaper.
11. Gratuities are included in bar purchases.
12. Disney will provide you with soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. It’s the good stuff too!
13. You can bring your own snacks and bottle water on board.
14. If you are celebrating a special occasion, let your steward know. They will make it special!
15. Stateroom doors are magnetic. Feel free to decorate! It will make finding your room that much easier!
16. There is free self-serve ice cream on the ship & at Castaway Cay. You can use a cup from the drink station & soda to make your own float!
17. Want character autographs? You can do meet & greets, but you can also leave what ever you want signed at guest services and it will be returned before you leave with all the character signatures!
18. Order what you want on the dining menu, but know that you can pretty much get anything you want. Does your kid want fish, but it isn’t on the menu. Just ask!
19. Want to see the show, but too tired to attend? No worries. The show will be on your stateroom TV.
20. Guest services has a Hidden Mickey challenge that will keep your kids (and you) busy.
What other hidden secrets do you have about traveling on a Disney Cruise?