When Will Disney World Open?
Walt Disney World Resort plans to begin a phased reopening in July, pending approval from local and state authorities.
- Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are planned to reopen on July 11, 2020
- EPCOT and Hollywood Studios will follow with a reopening on July 15, 2020.
If you have a trip planned for Disney World in July, make sure you know what to expect.
NEW Disney World Guidelines
Only those with current tickets (and Disney Annual Passholders) will be able to go to the parks.
Disney World is temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so that they can focus on those who have had to reschedule vacations and those who currently have vacations planned.
The phased reopening of Disney World parks will have a limit on park attendance and controlled guest density.
No longer can you just arrive at the park any time you would like. You will have to reserve a time to enter the park in advance of your trip.
All guests will also undergo temperature screenings before they are allowed to enter the park.
Disney is going to make sure that they enforce crowd control in ways that they can.
This means that things that would normally have people stand close together, like parades & night time shows, will be postponed.
You will also no longer be able to do character meet & greets or extra experiences like a makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
Disney World Resort Guidelines
- All hotels have sneeze guards at check-in counters and mobile check in will be encouraged.
- Coffee makers, coffee cups and glassware have been removed guest rooms.
Disney World Restaurant Guidelines
- Tables have been moved so that they are 6 feet apart.
- Employees will be wearing face masks and gloves.
Gone are the days of serve yourself buffets.
We can expect to see an entirely different approach to this type of restaurant at Disney World. Some buffets may close while others may change entirely from buffet to a menu based experience.
Disney World Retail Shop Guidelines
Even retail stores have certain guidelines.
- You will find doors propped open to help with the circulation of airflow.
- Checkout counters will have spacing markers.
- Employees will wear face masks and be wiping down counters & register area regularly.
Disney has made it clear:
As we all must work together to promote the health and safety of everyone, cast members as well as guests 3 years of age and older will be required to wear appropriate face coverings in theme parks and common areas of resort hotels.
When Will Other Disney Properties Reopen?
Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open to members and guests June 15.
Physical distancing will be encouraged and there will be enhanced cleaning measures, along with a number of other safety protocols.
Do you have plans to go to Disney World this year? What steps & measures will you be taking in preparing for your trip?