Animal Kingdom is probably the least popular of all of the Walt Disney World theme parks. Why is that? For one, it doesn’t scream Disney like the other parks. It isn’t filled with princesses & rides, but it focused more on interacting with nature.
Even though Animal Kingdom doesn’t have as many rides as Magic Kingdom, the rides that it does have are fantastic, especially since they’ve added Pandora: The World of Avatar. You will also find that Animal Kingdom has some of the best live shows at Disney. But probably the most important aspect of the park that sets it apart from everything else is that it is a great educational opportunity for kids to learn about animals and their habitats.
If you are planning a trip to Disney World, don’t miss out on going to Animal Kingdom. There is plenty there to keep you busy for an entire day. Wondering what things you should put on your must do list while there? Check out this list on the best attractions at Animal Kingdom.
Our Top 5 Attractions at Animal Kingdom:
1. Kilimanjaro Safaris. You won’t want to miss on the experience of taking an open air safari ride through the Savannah of Animal Kingdom. You will be amazed at all the many different types of wildlife you will be able to see. The best time to go on the safari is first thing in the morning or before dusk. Avoid the hottest part of the day as many animals will be napping or staying tucked away in a shady spot.
2. Festival of the Lion King. This musical-theater show is one of the best in Disney World. Festival of the Lion King is an interactive experience for the whole family that features acrobats and your favorite songs from the popular Disney movie.
3. Flight of Passage. This immersive flying experience is literally out of this world. You will get to go to the scientific lab of the Pandora Conservation Initiative before undergoing training for your mission. Your mission will be to link to an Avatar and fly on a Banshee.
4. Expedition Everest. If you are a fan of roller coasters, you will not want to miss out on this one. On Expedition Everest, you will take a railway car to the peak on Mt. Everest in search of the elusive Yeti. There are no upside down parts to the ride, but there is plenty of speed, drops and unexpected fun! There is a FastPass option and I would certainly recommend using it!
5. Maharajah Jungle Trek & Exploration Trail. Take a self-guided tour of the Anandapur Royal and Pangani Forest and you will be able to see animals in their own natural environment. You will find tigers and gorillas living as they would in nature.
What is your one do not miss ride or attractions at Animal Kingdom?