(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
Are you thinking about taking a Disney Cruise? We have taken cruises on several different cruise lines and I have to say that Disney Cruise Line is by far our favorite for a number of reasons. It is top notch when it comes to family-friendly activities, accommodations and on board entertainment! But taking a Disney Cruise comes at a price. Those looking for Disney Cruise deals should know that they are out there, but hard to find!
How Much Does a Disney Cruise Cost?
This isn’t a question that is easy to answer. What I can tell you is that price is based on two major components: Where you are going and what ship you are taking.
Disney has itineraries all over the world and the cost will vary depending on where you want to go and how long you want to stay.
There are currently four Disney Cruise ships. Each one is unique and offers different experiences. The most expensive ship to travel on is the Disney Fantasy, but that is mostly due to the fact that it is the newest ship and travels the more sought after itineraries.
Why is a Disney Cruise So Expensive?
Disney sets itself apart from the other cruise lines because if offers many things built into its cruise ticket price.
For instance, Disney offers free room service. Other cruise lines charge a fee to have food delivered to your room.
If you have ever cruised with Carnival and Royal Caribbean, you know that they try to get you to sign up for their beverage packages. Disney, however, offers unlimited soft drinks.
Disney Cruise Line is known for their Broadway-caliber theater productions that the entire family can enjoy. On other cruise lines, entertainment is limited in scope and usually not family-friendly.
While some cruise lines show movies, most charge a fee to experience movies in a theater (think IMax). With Disney Cruises, you can see as many movies as you would like (both first run in 3D) for absolutely no extra fee.
Do you need a Travel Agent to Score Disney Cruise Deals?
This is a personal preference. What you should know upfront is that no travel agencies can discount Disney Cruise fares. The fare is going to be the same regardless of using a travel agent or not.
What they can do is offer you “On board Credit” that can be used for cruise excursions. Some will also offer other perks, so be sure to do your research and book with the one who gives you more bang for your buck.
Know that if you are someone who likes to have total control of your vacation, you won’t be able to do that when you use a travel agent. Once you book your Disney Cruise through a Travel Agent, they are the only one who will be able to do things like change your sailing date or cancel your cruise all together.
Disney Cruise Deals with AAA
If you are already a member of AAA, you might want to consider booking your Disney Cruise through them. The standard AAA benefits get you an on board credit (value depending on room), a $45 drink credit, Free Float rentals at Castaway Cay, and in room fruit basket/ cheese plate.
How to get Disney Cruise Deals on your own
- Book your Disney Cruise early. The earlier you book, the more you will save. Once Disney figures out that the sailing date is popular, they may start to inflate the price.
- Book your Disney Cruise is non-peak season. Anytime when kids are out of school are going to be Peak season for Disney Cruises. The key to saving money and scoring the best Disney Cruise deals is to plan when the kids go back to school or in the winter months.
- Use your Disney Chase Visa when you book your Disney Cruise. There are a few perks to doing this, but the main one is that you will earn Reward Dollars. Now, of course, you only will save money if you are able to pay your Disney Chase Visa off each month.
- Wait until the very last minute to book your Disney Cruise. If you have a flexible schedule and you don’t mind waiting until 30 days out, check to see if Disney has dropped rates on cruises (hit Alert me When Price Drops) that they were unable to sell rooms for. Disney Cruise Line doesn’t want to sail with available rooms and usually they will drop the price in order to get people on board.
- Check Kayak. Kayak has a great tool for finding the best price for a Disney Cruise by looking at all the different companies selling staterooms to get you the best Disney Cruise deals.
These are just a few of our favorite ways to score Disney Cruise deals! Have you been on a Disney Cruise? Were you able to score a deal?