Ready for a trip to Disney, but unsure how to afford it? You aren’t alone. The top reason why people are anxious about planning a trip to Disney World is because of the cost.
If you talk with travel planners, many will tell you than a week at Disney will cost you approximately $3,000-$5,000 for a family of 4.
Don’t have that kind of money to spend? Don’t worry. There are plenty of ways to save money on a Disney Vacation and make it affordable for your family.
10 Ways to Save Money on a Disney Vacation
1. Sign up for a Disney Chase Visa card & start saving money toward your vacation immediately. You’ll also be able to take advantage of all the perks.
2. Travel to Disney during non-peak months when Disney is more likely to give you a 30% off savings package.
Travel to Disney when they have a FREE Dining promotion.
3. Stay off Disney property at a condo or town home. Book through VRBO for the BEST rates!
4. Buy your Disney tickets in advance through Undercover Tourist if you aren’t tied to a Disney Resort package. This is the ONLY ticket broker Disney Insider Tips endorses.
5. Drive to Florida. If you can’t drive, book your flights at least 6 months in advance through a service like Expedia.com and always travel on a Tuesday when you can.
6. Buy Disney Store gift cards at Target if you have a Target Red Card. It will save you 5% and they spend like any other card/cash at Disney parks, resorts and restaurants. 5% doesn’t seem like a lot but it saves $50 off $1000.
7. Bring your own snacks, refillable bottles and split meals to avoid the inflated costs of meals at the park.
8. Look for inexpensive souvenirs for the kids, like Pressed Pennies. Still exciting, but far less money then many of the other things you could buy.
9. Purchase things like Disney Pins in bulk before your trip and then have the kids trade for the ones they really want while they are in the parks!
10. Taking a trip to Disney is an amazing experience that most people think is financially out of reach, but using these budget saving tips can help. Do you have any great ways to save money on a Disney vacation?