Wondering what’ going to be new at Disney World in 2018 ? If you haven’t been to Walt Disney World in a while, 2018 is going to be a great year to visit the parks. We saw a lot of new things added to the Disney parks in 2017 and know that there is even more to come in the upcoming years.
One thing that is sure to be open in Walt Disney World in the summer of 2018 is the highly anticipated Toy Story Land. This section is going to feature 2 new rides and a new restaurant. Aside from that, there are a few other things that are new at Disney World in 2018.
What’s New at Disney World in 2018
- Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise. I’m not sure there is any better way to enjoy the fireworks than on the Ferryboat. It has been a favorite viewing point of ours for years. Now, with a special ticket, you can enjoy desserts and drinks, a Glow-in-the-Dark Scavenger Hunt for Hidden Mickeys, and watching the fireworks through a pair of “Mickey Vision” viewing lenses.
- Coco Experience in Mexico Pavilion. If you are a fan of the Pixar hit Coco, you will be glad to know that Disney has a new interactive experience at the Mexico Pavilion inside the Mayan Pyramid.
- “Gods of the Vikings” exhibit in Norway Pavilion. Not many people realize that you can walk into the Stave church in the Norway Pavilion. If you do, you will learn more about the popular Viking gods through many Viking artifacts and displays. It is a nice air conditioned spot to cool off in!
- Pandora Conservation Initiative Pilot in Pandora Utility Suit. You might find a Pandora Conservation Initiative (PCI) pilot walking around in a Pandora Utility Suit in the new Avatar based land, Pandora. This suit is used to study the wildlife, collect plant samples, and survive Pandora’s terrain.
- “UP! A Great Bird Adventure” show featuring Russel and Dug from UP! During the 25 minute show, you will get a close up encounter with several different types of birds.
- Donald’s Dino Bash. Beginning May 25, 2018, DinoLand USA will be transformed into a new place to party with Donald and his friends. The premise is that Donald has found out that his ancestors were dinosaurs and he now wants to celebrate this discovery! You will be able to see and meet Donald , Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip n Dale at Launchpad McQuack. Each character will be wearing dino-inspired costumes!
- Slinky Dog Dash. Opening June 30, this new family friendly roller coaster will take you on a fast curvy adventure as you are lead by Slinky Dog himself!
- Alien Swirling Saucers. Opening June 30, this ride will make you feel as though you are in a giant claw machine trying to escape the grips of the claw! Be ready to be swirled around!
- Woody’s Lunch Box. Opening June 30, Woody’s Lunch Box will be serving sandwiches and sides along with soda floats and specialty beverages (see menu). The cutest thing in this quick service restaurant is the Alien Sipper Cup souvenirs. These clear tumblers feature an alien sitting in a claw machine. Woody’s Lunch Box will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- NEW Fantasmic Dining Packages. Dine at one of three restaurants and receive special reserved seating for Fantasmic. Choices are Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano, Hollywood & Vine, or The Hollywood Brown Derby. The meal package will get you an entrée, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage or one full buffet.
- Fantasmic VIP Viewing Experience. Not only will you get special VIP seating for the Fantasmic show, you will also get a special snack box full of sweet and savory treats, and a custom credential.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party. This dessert party is located inside Star Wars Launch Bay and features drinks and food items like Star Wars-themed cupcakes, freeze-fried chocolate-hazelnut mousse, warm bread pudding, red pepper hummus with smoked sea-salted flatbread, and Cosmic Citrus Twist. During the dessert party, you are free to check out Star Wars Launch Bay at your leisure. At the end of the party, you will receive a souvenir Star Wars item and be taken to an exclusive viewing area for the Galactic Spectacular night show.
- Star Wars: Galactic Nights special event on May 27. During the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away presentation you will see new video moments from “Solo: A Star Wars Story.” During Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular there will also be a new action sequence from the film.
- Cape May Breakfast. We are huge fans of Cape May’s Breakfast Buffet over at the Beach Club Resort. Now, in addition to the rest of Minnie’s friends, Daisy Duck will be appearing for meet and greets!
We will keep updating this list with what’s NEW at Disney World in 2018 as soon as we get word, so be sure to check back in with us frequently!