Planning a trip to Disney World in 2019? If you are, you are in luck! Starting Jan. 18 and continuing well into 2019, Walt Disney World will unveil a collection of NEW shows, parties & Disney character interactions! This is in addition to the two largest additions: Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land!
George A. Kalogridis, president of Walt Disney World Resort, had this to say about the Disney World new attractions:
“Whether you grew up with Mickey and Minnie, ‘The Lion King,’ ‘Cars’ or another classic story, you are going to love what all four of our theme parks have to offer in the coming year. This will be a year when the entire family can re-live those memories, plus make new ones together – right here in the world’s premier family vacation destination … the place where dreams come true.”
List of the Best Disney World NEW Attractions for 2019
- Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration kicks off at Magic Kingdom Park in January! You’ll find a new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” several times a day.
- From Jan. 18 to Sept. 30, the Dapper Dans, the Casey’s Corner piano player and others will honor Mickey and Minnie with special musical moments throughout the day along Main Street USA.
- Mickey and Minnie will greet guests together inside Town Square Theater, wearing all-new, colorful outfits for their special celebration
- Mickey’s beloved dog, Pluto, will meet guests under the big top at Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus
- The 2019 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival (March 6-June 3) will once again feature outdoor kitchens and dozens Disney-themed topiaries. The Garden Rocks Concert Series will expand to seven days a week with three concerts per day for all 90 days of the festival!
- Reflections of Earth will be ending in the second half of 2019 to make way for an all-new nighttime spectacular. We will update you when more information is released.
- In Animal Kingdom, there is a new“UP! A Great Bird Adventure” show featuring Russel and Dug from UP! During the 25 minute show, you will get a close up encounter with several different types of birds.
- Beginning Jan. 18 and running through Sept. 30, Animal Kingdom will be celebrating The Lion King’s 25th anniversary with a “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party.”
- Guest will also find scenes from the Lion King to be used as three-dimensional photo opportunities.
- If it’s been a while since coming to Animal Kingdom, you will have a blast experiencing Pandora, the World of Avatar. It features two rides, a quick service restaurant and shopping experience.
- This year marks Hollywood Studios 30th anniversary! There will be a celebration with Pixar pals during the park’s 30th anniversary year, featuring The Incredibles, Mike and Sulley from “Monsters, Inc.” and Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the gang at the new Toy Story Land.
- Beginning Jan. 18, Pixar Place will transform into a Municiberg city block from Pixar’s Incredibles films. Guests will meet super suit designer Edna Mode and see some of her greatest creations. They will look for clues to the whereabouts of the youngest Incredible, the mischievous and multi-powered Jack-Jack. And at the end of the block, guests will celebrate the heroic deeds of Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone, who will make appearances throughout the day during a party featuring lively music, dancing & interactive games.
- Fans of Monsters Inc will be glad to know that Mike & Sully will be returning! This will be a similar meet & greet experience when their door opens back to Hollywood Studios!
- In spring 2019, Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy will speed into Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This new show experience will welcome guests to the world of Pixar’s Cars films, bringing them face to face with racing legend Lightning McQueen. As the next generation of rookie racers, guests will learn from Lightning’s years of experience on the track.
- If you haven’t already experienced the NEW Toy Story Land, you will have the chance to try two new ride experiences as well as a new quick service restaurant.
- There will be a new “Disney Junior Dance Party!” featuring characters from Disney Junior television series, including Vampirina, Doc McStuffins and others.
Discount Disney Ticket Packages for 2019
Beginning Jan. 18, guests will be able to purchase a four-day, 4-Park Magic Value Ticket for as low as $85 per day (plus tax) for a total price of $340 (plus tax).
The 4-Park Magic Tickets include one day of admission to each of Disney World’s four theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom for four consecutive days.
Tickets are seasonally priced for varied usage between Jan. 18 and Sept. 30, 2019, as follows:
- 4-Park Magic Value Ticket: Valid for admission Jan. 18-March 1, 2019; must be used within seven days from first use, or by March 1, 2019, whichever comes first
- Adult: $85 per day, plus tax ($340 total, plus tax)
- Child: $80 per day, plus tax ($320 total, plus tax)
- 4-Park Magic Select Ticket: Valid for admission March 2-March 14; March 27-April 9; April 27-May 27; and Aug. 19-Sept. 30, 2019; must be used within seven days from first use, or by Sept. 30, 2019, whichever comes first
- Adult: $89 per day, plus tax ($356 total, plus tax)
- Child: $84 per day, plus tax ($336 total, plus tax)
- 4-Park Magic Summer Ticket: Valid for admission May 28-Aug. 18, 2019; must be used within seven days from first use or by Sept. 30, 2019, whichever comes first
- Adult: $95 per day, plus tax ($380 total, plus tax)
- Child: $90 per day, plus tax ($360 total, plus tax)
2019 is going to be a GREAT year to take a vacation to Walt Disney World! We will continue to update this list of what’s coming to Disney World in 2019 as soon as we here! Be sure to bookmark this page so you can check it later!