If you are looking for a special way to start your holiday season this year, consider attending the 2018 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party in Magic Kingdom. This special ticketed event begins as early as the first week of November and is a great way to start getting into the holiday spirit. Wondering what you will get to experience at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? Let me fill you in!
2018 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Experiences
As soon as you enter Main Street USA, you will feel like you have walked into Disney’s winter wonderland. There will be a enormous decorated Christmas tree, larger-than-life nutcrackers and even a special meet & greet area with the big man, Santa Claus!
Be sure that you aren’t so overtaken with all the holiday magic that you forget to pick up your special guide to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. This will give you the details on everything from which restaurants are open, which rides are running (because they all won’t be), special holiday meet & greet locations and where you can find all the yummy special FREE Christmas treats!
As night falls, head over to the stage at Cinderella’s castle for “A Frozen Holiday Wish.” There you will find everyone’s favorite royal sisters, Anna and Elsa, lead a celebration that ends with Queen Elsa using her incredible powers to transform Cinderella Castle into a shimmering ice palace for the holidays. Talk about magical!
Be sure to stop by the Firehouse on Main Street USA to get your FREE Mickey’s Christmas Party Sorcerer Spell card. This card changes annually and is highly sought after by collectors. Even if you don’t play the game, this makes a great souvenir!
While standing in line for character meet & greets aren’t the way you want to spend your time at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, there are certain Disney Characters you can only meet at special holiday events. We’ve seen everyone from Donald’s Uncle Scrooge to Jack Skellington. I would try to hit at least one.
One of my favorite things to do at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is indulging in the yummy treats. You will find Christmas treat stations located throughout Magic Kingdom. Each stop features a different treat and beverage. There are cookies, Snow cones, pretzels, Hot chocolate, eggnog and more!
You will also special Christmas treats at various quick service spots throughout the park. While you could easily indulge on these while at the park, you are better off eating all the FREE treats and taking one of the Christmas goodies home with you!
Over in Tomoarrowland, you will find two fun activities. Hosted by Haley Comet, It’s A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas features Stitch, Mike Wazowski, Buzz Lightyear and a troupe of intergalactic dancers! And at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café there is CLUB TINSEL where you can dance to some favorite tunes!
Disney is known for putting on some of the most spectacular parades and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade is no different. This parade features some of your favorite characters wearing their Christmas best and concludes with Santa himself!
Afterward, head over to Cinderella’s Castle to watch the Holiday Wishes fireworks spectacular! Hosted by Jiminy Cricket, the Holiday Wishes fireworks spectacular begins with a holiday-themed projection show featuring seasonal songs and ends with a firework show like no other!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party is one of the most popular times to visit Magic Kingdom. Even the expensive ticket price doesn’t sway people from experiencing all the Christmas magic Magic Kingdom has to offer. Depending on the night you attend, it could get very crowded at the park during the Christmas Party. This is why you will want to know our top 2018 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party tips so you can make the most of your time at the party.
2018 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Tips
- Buy your Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets in advance because they do sell out. We always buy ours through Undercover Tourist because they offer discounted tickets!
- Get your Disney Christmas themed shirts before you arrive. You will find Disney Christmas shirts throughout the parks, but you will pay much more than if you buy them ahead of your trip.
- Get there early! You can arrive as early as 3:45pm (even though your ticket will state 7pm). You will receive a special wristband that shows you have purchased a party ticket.
- Stop by the Fire House to get your FREE Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card.
- Not all restaurants are open during the party, so keep that in mind when planning your dinner.
- Have your kids bring their Christmas letters for Santa. They can leave them in Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe.
- There are 2 Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parades. The 2nd is usually less crowded. Santa appears on his sleigh at the end of the parade so stay until the end!
- After the fireworks, it will snow on Main Street USA. This is the only time you will get to see this and it is magical!
Is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Worth It?
The first thing I am asked when discussing Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is: “Is it worth it?”. Unequivocally, my answer is YES! If you love Christmas, there is just no better place to get in the holiday spirit than at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party! The key to making this party worth the price of an extra ticket is to make sure you plan accordingly so that you can make the most of your time in the park!
Dates for the 2018 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
The 2018 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will be held on the following nights:
- November 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 25, 27 and 29
- December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20 and 21
A trip to Walt Disney World during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is certainly a magical experience. The main thing is to enjoy your time in the park. Don’t rush! Allow yourself to get lost in the moment. It is an experience you will never forget!
Will you be attending the 2018 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?