(We may earn a commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy.)
We finally have information on the Disneyland reopening! All of Disneyland Resort & Parks will reopen April 30, 2021, with limited capacity. Here is what we know:
- April 9: Disneyland calendar with single day ticket pricing will be released
- April 12: Disneyland Resort will open theme park reservations at 8am PT for California residents who already have theme park tickets.
- April 15: New Disneyland Resort tickets will be available for California residents. Reservations will also be available for Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- April 22: Dining and Savi’s Workshop reservations will be available
Disneyland Reopening: What You Can Expect
- Only California residents can get tickets to Disneyland in California (no date or information for out-of-state guests yet)
- Theme park reservations can be for no more than 10 people within 3 households
- Tickets must be linked to your Disneyland account before making reservations
- Theme park reservations can only be made up to 60 days in advance
- For guests planning on staying at a Disneyland Resort property, hotel reservations do not guarantee park access. Guests will need to make theme park reservations on their own.
- Park Hopping is available after 1:00 PM each day
If you are ready to book a Disneyland vacation, be sure to check out Get Away Today! We love finding ways to save money at Disneyland. You can take an additional $10 discount off your vacation package when you use our exclusive promo code INSIDER .
You will also no longer be able to do character meet & greets or extra experiences like a makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
But not to worry, you will still be able to see characters.
Disney characters will pop up in new ways and sometimes in unexpected places as they remain mindful of physical distancing.
At Disneyland, guests may see Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse waving from the train station, or Disney Princesses appear at the Royal Theatre to wave and pose at a distance for guests taking selfies.
At Disney California Adventure, Pixar pals may wave from the bandshell at Pixar Pier, and guests can share a laugh while taking photos with Mater and Lightning McQueen along Route 66 in Cars Land.
Certain experiences that draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date.
Those who love the Disney Fastpass system will be disappointed to find that Fastpasses have been stopped during this time of social distancing so that both line areas can be utilized for crowd control.
Disneyland Resorts Reopening
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa plans to reopen on April 29, 2021, with limited capacity. Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will plan to reopen May 2.
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date.
With guests health and safety at the forefront, you will find that Disneyland Resorts will have plans to support physical distancing and put in place increased cleaning measures.
Because theme park capacity will be limited, the Disneyland Resort will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that requires all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance.
Will You Have to Wear Masks at Disneyland?
Yes, you will be required to wear masks at Disneyland. The only time you are permitted to remove your mask is while you are eating or drinking.
This will be strictly enforced.
While you will find changes and limitations at Disneyland’s opening, there still will be plenty of fun to be had.
Are you excited to get back to Disneyland?