One thing you will want to take advantage of while on vacation in Disney is the Disney World Fastpass system. It is a way for you took book rides and attractions in advance, in essence, skipping to the front of the line for various Disney rides and attractions.
All Disney World guests can reserve access to various rides and attractions at Disney World even before leaving for your vacation.
How Does the Disney Fastpass Work?
Using My Disney Experience, Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests can start planning their vacation right away! You will set your own schedule for the parks, choose your MagicBand colors and more with this app.
Those staying at a Disney World Resort can book their Fastpasses 60 days in advance of their trip. Disney Annual Passholders and Non-resort guests can make their Fastpass selections 30 days in advance of their trip.
You will choose up to three Disney Fastpass rides &/or attractions per day. The three you choose will have to be at the same park, regardless of whether you are park hopping or not.
Not everyone in your party has to have the same Disney Fastpass reservations. You can easily attach Fastpasses to either everyone in your party OR to individuals.
When booking your Fastpass reservations, keep in mind the times. You cannot book more than one Fastpass at the same time. For example, if you book at Fastpass from 1-2pm, you cannot reserve another Fastpass for 1:30-2:30 even if your intention is to be off the ride by 1:15.
Once your Fastpass Reservations are booked, they will be attached to your account until you change them. You can change them any time! Simply log into your account and move things around to suit your needs.
Once you start your vacation inside the parks, just make sure that you pay attention to the My Disney Experience app to keep track of the times you reserved. If you miss a reservation, it will no longer be available to you and you wasted a valuable experience of skipping the line.
When you are ready to use the Disney Fastpass, you just look for the designated Fastpass Ride line.
When you get there, you will scan your ticket or MagicBand so that the cast members can check your time. Don’t bother going to this line in advance of your allotted time.
Your band will not work until the exact time on your reservation.
What happens once I use up my three Disney Fastpasses?
Once you have used up your first three FastPass+ selections, you are able to make additional Fastpass selections one at a time. You can do this either on the My Disney Experience app or at one of the FastPass kiosks located throughout the parks.
How Much Does the Disney Fastpass Cost?
Unlike Universal Studios where you must purchase an express pass to skip the lines for rides, Disney Fastpasses are available to all park guests for free with your admission to the park.
Disney Fastpass Secrets
- You can change FastPasses at any point during the day, but you are not guaranteed to be able to get the exact ride at a different time. You want to make sure that you book your Fastpasses as soon as you are able and that you choose them wisely.
- The attractions available for the Disney FastPass system vary and can be limited depending on what park you visit. You will want to be familiar with the FastPass attractions and rides at Disney. The most popular rides are harder to reserve the closer you get to the day of your Disney trip.
- When choosing times for your Disney Fastpasses, you are better off stacking them early in the day so that you can add other reservations for later in the afternoon or evening.
- Although you should choose your Fastpasses for early in the day, don’t waste a Fastpass on your first ride of the day. Give yourself at least one hour in the park prior to your first reservation. This will allow you to ride at least one ride before the lines get long.
- If you are park hopping, you will want to use your first three Fastpass Reservations at the first park you go to, then you will be able to choose additional Fastpasses for the second park you are going to visit.
- There are a separate lines for FastPasses and Stand By. They are not always side by side, but are usually in close proximity. Make sure you go to the correct line!
- If the ride is unavailable due to technical difficulties, you will receive another FastPass in your My Disney Experience account.
- Sometimes, you will be gifted Fastpasses. It can be done by any Castmember and you never know when you might get lucky and find another Fastpass added to your account!