Going to Disney for the first time? There is so much you will want to know when planning your Disney vacation! Just because it’s your first time at the park doesn’t mean you shouldn’t know the Disney World tips that regular passholders know.
Let us take some of the guess work out of things for you by sharing 20 of our most popular Disney World Tips. Believe me, these are things that you will want to know before you go!
20 of Our Best Walt Disney World tips:
- Snap a picture of the parking lot marker to remember where you left your car. The parking lots are large and the last thing you want to do is lose your car!
- Disney Photographers will take pictures with YOUR camera/phone for FREE. Just hand them your camera and they will take a picture for you!
- Get a free dusting of pixie dust at the Barber Shop on Main Street USA. As long as they aren’t too busy, just pop in the shop and request to be sprinkled with pixie dust.
- Instead of standing in line for hours to meet your child’s favorite characters, choose a character meal. You will pay a premium, but you avoid wasting time in lines and get one on one time with each character!
- If you stay at a Walt Disney World resort, you can have your purchases from gift shops delivered to your resort. If not, you can have them delivered to the front of the park where you can pick them up (given that you shop early in the day).
- Buy the cheapest Disney pin and then trade with Cast Members for the more expensive ones! You will find Disney pins at just about any gift shop at the resorts or parks.
- Get to Magic Kingdom before the park opens for the Welcome Stage Show at Cinderella Castle . It is a great way to start your Disney trip.
- You CANNOT bring selfie-sticks to the parks so leave them at home (otherwise they will take them at the gate).
- If your kids pop their Disney Balloon, they will replace it for FREE. Just take the remains of the balloon with you.
- Some rides (like Test Track) have a line for those riding solo. The line is MUCH shorter! If you aren’t travelling with kids, it is the way to go!
- Ask for a kids swap if you are traveling with kids who can’t ride. One adult rides while the other waits (at the front of the line). Then they swap places for the second adult to ride.
- Adults can eat off the kids menu at quick service counters. You can order whatever you want and Disney doesn’t care! A lot of times, the kids meals are just the right amount for adults.
- Disney Visa card holders get special perks, like FREE photos, discounts at some restaurants & % off your purchase at gift shops! I love this card!
- Disney World Gift shops stay open 1 hour after the park rides are shut down. It is the best time to shop because there are hardly anyone inside.
- You can get a complimentary cup of ice water for FREE at any quick service counter. Disney wants you to stay hydrated!
- You can order food a la carte on just about any quick service menu. Just ask and they will accommodate.
- Just about every Disney World resort does a FREE campfire in the early evening where you can roast marshmallows. They also have FREE Movie nights! If you are paying to stay on property, you should take advantage of these fun activities.
- Parking is FREE at Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon. Parking is free everywhere else only if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.
- You can walk right through the center of Cinderella’s castle. You will find some beautiful mosaic murals telling her story.
- As you walk into Haunted Mansion, look for the Headstone for Leota right near the entrance to the mansion. Watch it carefully.
We hope these Disney World tips will help you navigate the parks with ease and give you a heads up on things you might not already know about when it comes to Walt Disney World!