How many times do you get to a theme park and think “Oh, I wish I would have packed … xyz”? It is hard to remember everything you will need for a trip to a theme park. The last thing you will want to do is get to the park, find that you need a certain thing you could have easily packed, and have to search through all the gift stores to find it. Believe me, it is a HUGE waste of time, energy and money. The best plan is to be prepared and pack your theme park essentials the night before!
Here is my list of 10 theme park essentials to pack:
- Blister Bandaids (You won’t need them if you wear these shoes)
- Ponytail holders for when it gets hot and you need to pull your hair back on roller coasters.
- Kleenex. From runny noses to throwing gum away, kleenex is a must have for many reasons.
- Tylenol/Advil. Achy legs from all that walking? You will want these on you or you will pay like $3 per pill.
- Wet wipe packet. You will want to wipe those hands after going through all the rides and lines.
- Hand sanitizer. Again, you will want to use this before you have that snack or if you find that the bathroom has run out of soap.
- Phone w/ portable charger. Probably the most important thing to have with you is your charger, you will find charging stations at the parks, but that would mean you’d have to stand there until your phone is charged.
- Sunglasses. Those sunny days can wear your eyes out. Do yourself a favor and bring your sunglasses
- Sunscreen Stick You will enjoy your trip to the theme park that much more if you don’t have to deal with having a sunburn. These sticks are great because they don’t leak in your bag!
- Ziplock bag(s). Ziplock bags are good for so many things: Wet clothes, unfinished snacks, and protecting your phone when it rains.
Most of these things will fit easily in any day pack or small purse. Now, of course there are other things you could (should) bring with you to a theme park if you are carrying a backpack with lots of room, but this is the “must have” list.
Do you have certain items you make sure you pack with you when you go to a theme park? What are your theme park essentials?