There are many new things in the works for Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts! All of these updates were discussed at the D23 EXPO this weekend and you will be in for a few shocks. Some rides will be leaving, but not to worry, they will be replaced with some pretty cool new things. You will also find rides featured in other parks coming to Walt Disney World, new resorts and new dining experiences. Here’s what’s coming to Walt Disney World in the future:
- We’ve been eagerly awaiting the opening of Star Wars land. During the D23 EXPO it was shared that the area has been named Galaxy’s Edge and will open in 2019.
- We also learned that Toy Story Land will be ready in Summer 2018. It will feature 2 new rides: Slinky Dog Dash will be a family coaster and Alien Swirling Saucers.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction is planned for Disney’s Hollywood Studios as well. It will be taking the place of the Great Movie Ride in the Chinese theater and be based on the Disney short cartoon.
- Main Street USA in Magic Kingdom will be adding a theater which will live entertainment year round.
- Disney Skyliner transportation system will connect Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts and other locations with Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot. This will be an outdoor gondola style transporter.
- StarWars-themed resort that is completely immersive
- New Disney Vacation Club Resort called Disney Riviera Resort. This resort will feature a roof-top restaurants with views of Epcot & Hollywood Studios night shows.
- Guardians of the Galaxy ride will be taking Ellen’s Universe of Energy at Epcot.
- Ratatouille (like Disneyland Paris) will be coming to the World Showcase in France.
- A Tron attraction is coming to Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park. Most likely it will be similar to the light cycle at Shanghai Disney.
- There will be an Inside Out ride that will be taking the place of Figment Journey into Imagination
- China Pavilion is getting a new Circle-Vision film with updates.
- Mission Space will get a new Green mission that will take you around Earth
- New table service restaurant will be adjacent to Mission Space in Epcot, with a Space theme.
What do you think about what’s coming to Walt Disney World? Anything you are really excited about?