Packing for a cruise can be tricky because most people want to keep their luggage as light as possible. You might be asking yourself what you NEED to bring as opposed to what things you can do without. To help you get started with the packing process, here is a list of 10 items you’ll want to bring on your next Disney Cruise. You’ll notice that some items you feel you need aren’t on that list. Why is that? Because Disney does a great job at providing some items in your Disney Cruise Stateroom.
Here is a list of 10 Items in Your Disney Cruise Stateroom :
- Hair Dryer . There will be one inside of a desk drawer on the newer ships (Dream/Fantasty) and one on the wall of the bathroom on the older ships (Wonder/Magic). The ones attached to the walls are terrible, but you can ask your room steward for a corded dryer.
- Disney Cruise Post Cards & Disney Cruise Line stationary. If you are considering sending a postcard home during your cruise, you don’t have to worry about buying them on board. There are usually two postcards (featuring characters/ship) and some Disney Cruise Line stationary/envelopes inside the desk drawer. One thing you will need is a stamp. The best place to purchase one is Castaway Cay in the Bahamas. You will walk right by the Post Office on your way to the beach. This is a one of a kind stamp you won’t be able to get anywhere else. Just make sure you have cash/change on hand.
- Disney retractable ink pens are in the desk drawer and are perfect for autographs! There are also pens at the customer service desk.
- Shampoo, Body Lotion, and Soap. Disney provides these essentials in the bathroom and will restock them daily (or as requested).
- Alarm clock. While many people now use their cell phones for alarm clocks, you will take pleasure in knowing that Disney provides a clock in each room so you don’t have to keep your phone turned on during your trip (unless you want too).
- 2 Wave phones (similar to cell phone) that allows you to call and text both on board and at Disney’s Castaway Cay. These are great and serve like a walkie-talkie so that you can keep up with family members who are going in different directions.
- Safe. You’ll be able to lock away valuables if you feel unsafe leaving them out in your stateroom.
- Mini fridge. You will have a mini fridge where you can keep bottled water or other items cold. This is a great place to keep your bottle water or canned beverages you might bring from home.
- Blanket. Should you get cold, you’ll find a light weight blanket in a cabinet. Sounds crazy that you might get cold, but sometimes a little too much sun can make your body react with a slight chill.
- Towels. You will not need your own beach towel! There are unlimited pool towels in bins near the pool and there are towel stations when you leave the ship on Castaway Cay. You can even take towels on your excursion, but be sure to remember to bring them back. They are light weight and white, so only bring your own towel if you absolutely need it.
Even though there are different categories and types of Disney Cruise Stateroom, you should be able to find all of the above listed items.
Are there any items in your Disney Cruise Stateroom that I am missing?