Are you planning a trip to Walt Disney World this spring? If so, you are certainly in for a real treat! The parks become beautiful with spring flowers and you can enjoy the beautiful Florida sunshine without all that nasty, sticky humidity. While all the parks are fun, this is a most spectacular time of the year to visit Epcot. If you are unsure whether or not you are going to visit Epcot this spring, let me give you a few reasons to go.
Reasons to Visit Epcot this Spring
- Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. From March 1 to May 29, 2017, Epcot transforms into a beautiful feast for the senses. You will find colorful topiaries featuring animals, insects, and even your favorite Disney characters. Be sure to look out for topiaries featuring stars from the new Disney movies coming out in 2017. Not only are their gorgeous flower displays, there are outdoor kitchens that offer guests the chance to try various types of cuisine. It is a great way to sample dishes from all over the world. We love to save our snack credits (from our Disney dining plan) so that we can eat our way through the different countries in the World Showcase.
- Butterfly Garden. This is the only time of the year that you can interact with butterflies at Epcot. It is a lovely experience that the whole family can enjoy.
- Epcot Garden Rock Outdoor Concert Series. For the price of admission to Epcot this Spring, you may get the opportunity to hear some really good music. Epcot will have concerts three times a night on Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday evenings. We’ve seen bands such as Night Ranger & Village People. It is always good fun to sit back & relax for an hour or so while enjoying your favorite beverage.
- Easter Egg Hunt. For a small fee, you can purchase an Eggstravaganza Easter Egg Hunt kit. You will then go on a quest to find all the eggs hidden in the World Showcase. This is a great activity to keep the kids busy while you enjoy checking out the various countries.
- Kid play areas. During the Flower & Garden Festival, there are many interactive play gardens set up for kids to enjoy. This year’s theme will be Cars3. Kids are going to love this safe, fun space to let out some energy!
Hopefully this is enough to convince you to go to Epcot this Spring!
Have you been to Epcot in the Spring? What was your favorite part?