Many people think that a Disney Vacation is out of reach financially. This doesn’t have to be the case, especially if you prepare for a trip for a year or more out. The key is using a budget. If you plan carefully and don’t mind cutting a few corners, your magical Disney vacation can definitely be within reach.
Disney Vacation on a Budget Tips
- Start up a Disney Fund. I live under the philosophy that every little bit you can add to the fund can make a difference. This could be something simple like collecting coins in a jar to saving all those gift cards you earn when shopping at Target (see how we turn them into Disney Gift Cards).
- Buy your souvenirs before you go. What I mean by this, is purchase things like Disney T-shirts online at Disney Store rather than in the park and shop for small Disney items at places like the Dollar Store. You will save a ton of money upfront and that way you can spend money on less expensive (but just as enjoyable) items you can take home. Don’t forget there are also a ton of Disney Souvenirs you can get for FREE!
- Bring your own food to the park! Disney allows you to bring food & drinks with you. We often carry a backpack with snacks and bottled water. If you choose to dine at the park, you can also save money with these tips.
- When planning your Disney vacation on a budget, look into staying off property at a condo or townhouse instead of on Disney property. We have done this several times and have paid a fraction of the cost we would have otherwise spent. It is also nice to be able to cook in once in a while to save money.
- Buy your tickets in bulk from a reputable ticket seller like Undercover Tourist! The more days you go to the parks, the less expensive your tickets will be. You will pay full price for one day tickets, so keep that in mind!
What money saving tips do you have for those planning their Disney vacation on a budget?
Read these other Money Saving Tips for Disney?
The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.