If this is your first time planning a trip to Disney World, I’m sure you are overwhelmed with the amount of information that is out there on the internet! That is where Disney Insider Tips can help. We are Disney annual pass holders and have a good perspective on how to make the most out a Disney World Vacation. If you are looking for something specific, be sure to browse our search menu at the right of the page or feel free to post questions about planning a Disney World vacation over on the Disney Insider Tips Facebook page.
Please know that we don’t get paid for our advice (just our advertisements), so you can get an honest perspective from a real Disney insider! We do receive a small incentive for products & services we endorse. We only endorse things we use ourselves and services we trust. The fee we receives helps us with our expenses of running this site and traveling to Disney to bring you the newest information.
Things to consider when you begin planning a Disney World Vacation:
- What time of year do you want to vacation in Disney World?
- Are you going to drive or fly?
- How long do you want to stay in Orlando?
- Where do you want to stay, on resort or off?
- Will you need to rent a car or rely on shuttles?
- What parks do you want to hit?
While these might seem like basic questions, the answers to them can really impact your vacation in a number of ways.
- While Walt Disney World is crowded year-round, there are certain times of year that are less packed than others. This is reflected in the NEW Disney ticket price structure. Disney is aware that many people choose summer (when kids are out of school) to vacation and the ticket prices are higher. You will also find that the more days you purchase tickets, the cheaper each ticket will get.
- If you can afford to stay at Walt Disney World Resorts, than you will want to decide which of the resorts is best for your family. Disney has three tiers of resorts: Value, Moderate & Deluxe. Within each category, there are also different price variations based on type of room and views. Many resorts only sleep four, while others Disney resorts can sleep five-six comfortably. There are even suites available for those with larger or extended families. Be sure to study each of Disney resort carefully to make sure the one your choose can meet your needs.
- For those looking at booking a Walt Disney World Resort stay, you are guaranteed transport to the parks via the Disney Bus Line, BUT will have to purchase meals (unless traveling during FREE dining). Some resort stays also require you to purchase a certain number of nights stay or park ticket packages. Make sure that you are getting the vacation you want, not just taking advantage of a promo that gives you things you don’t care about doing (like water parks or park hopping).
- Those looking to travel to Disney on a budget, will be glad to know that they can have just as great of a resort experience and still be in close proximity to the parks when staying off Disney property. Many times people choose to stay off property because it is less expensive per night & the accommodations are much larger. Another perk is that you can cook some meals in your condo. Most resorts located in the proximity of Disney do offer free shuttles to the park.
- You will choose whether to drive or fly based on where HOME is to you . One of the benefits of driving is that it gives you access to a car while on your vacation. This is nice because it means that you can leave Disney property whenever you wish. Some people like to visit other parks while in Orlando (like LEGOLAND and SEAWORLD) and having a car makes that possible.
- Walt Disney World is composed of 4 theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom AND 2 Water parks: Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. There is also Disney Springs, a shopping district with restaurants; an 18 hole golf course and 2 mini golf courses located on property.
For your convenience, you will find a list below of the Disney Insider Tips posts our readers find most valuable when planning a Disney World Vacation:
- What you need to know about Disney MagicBands and the FastPass+ System
- Which FastPasses You Should Prioritize.
- Packing List for Disney Vacation so you don’t forget anything.
- Hidden Gems at Magic Kingdom that you might not be aware of.
- Don’t miss these spots at Epcot World Showcase
- Star Wars fun at Hollywood Studios before StarWars Land is open.
- Top things to do at Animal Kingdom
- Which character meals you should consider and where you can meet Disney characters at the parks.
- List of Free Souvenirs you will find at Disney and the best Disney souvenirs to buy at the park.
We hope you find some of this information useful in planning a Disney World Vacation. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out by contacting us at disneyinsidertips at hotmail dot com.