Nothing says spring more than Epcot at Walt Disney World. While many “extra” experiences like the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Very Merry Christmas Party cost an extra ticket price, the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is free with your regular ticket to Epcot. From March 1 to May 29, 2017, guests will be able to experience many things while at Epcot this Spring, including new topiaries, live music and open air kitchens!
Tips for the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival:
- Pick up a FREE Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Passport when you get to the park. This guide will give you information on all of the different exhibits, food experiences and topiary displays through out the park. There is even an area where you can check off the foods and drinks you have tried so you know what you really enjoyed.
- Try something new! There are several opportunities for you to try traditional food and drinks from various countries and regions throughout the world. I suggest that you look at the Passport to get an idea of what you may want to try before you walk over to the World Showcase.
- Use your snack credits! If you are on the Disney Dining Plan, many of the samples qualify for snack credit.
- Look for seasonal treats. During spring months you will be able to find holiday treats that aren’t available any other time of the year. For example, if you are headed in March, you can try a special mint & chocolate St.Patrick’s Day cupcake!
- Fun things for kids to do! Kids will love visiting during the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival because they can choose from several play areas. You may also find cast members giving out free snack samples (usually Craisins and Squeezable Apple Sauce or Yogurt). Grab the kids their own passport so they can go on a scavenger hunt for topiaries or search for butterflies in the Butterflies on the Go exhibit.
- If you go to the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival before Easter, you can also take advantage of the Eggstravaganza Easter Egg Hunt where you search for Disney character Easter Eggs at Epcot’s World Showcase! Kids will really enjoy doing this because at the end, they get a special souvenir!
- Special garden exhibits & seminars. This festival is all about the flowers and Epcot spares no expense in their displays. Check your Flower & Garden guide for seminars and exhibits.
- One of the main highlights of this festival is the topiaries. Through out the park, you will find many topiaries featuring Disney characters. This year, they have added three new topiaries: Welcome Spring Fun, Food & Flowers (located at the entrance), Figment (near Spaceship Earth) and Farmer’s Market Stand (Future World East). Be sure to take your time to see these beautiful displays as this is the only time of year you can enjoy them!
Speaking of really neat topiary displays, in the UK, there is a wonderful fairy garden. Use Tinker Bell as your guide and you will notice small fairy houses scattered among the plants. These houses are so precious and you really could imagine Tinker Bell & her fairy friends living there!
- Get a unique souvenir! You will also find a TON of merchandise for the 2017 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. There are t-shirts, coffee mugs, pins and even garden decor!
The Epcot Flower & Garden festival is truly one of the best things about visiting Walt Disney World in the Spring. Will you be going to the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival this year?
The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.