If you are taking a Disney Cruise for the first time out of Cape Canaveral, the boarding process can be a bit overwhelming. You are going to be in a new place that may seem hectic. There are a lot of lines, a ton of people and the last thing you want to do is be stressed out as you are embarking on your magical vacation. Being prepared is one way to make the boarding process for Disney Cruise a little easier.
What you should know about the Boarding Process for Disney Cruise
- Prior to departure, you will be given tags for your luggage. Be sure to tag your bags with your room number. Make sure all your bags are securely fastened so the contents don’t fall out. Want to bring your own alcohol on board? Read this. Also, be sure to check my list of items to bring on a Disney Cruise!
- Each guest is given a check in time. While you may check in after that time, understand that your room will not be ready until 1pm or later. This gives you time to walk the ship or go to the pool. If you need swimwear, make sure you carry it on the ship!
- If you have your camera, there will be an opportunity for your family to take a picture with Mickey before boarding. This line will form in the center of the terminal. There will be plenty of times to pose with Mickey on the ship, so I would avoid this opportunity if you can.
- If you have previously sailed with Disney Cruise Line, you are in luck. You are now considered a Silver Member. This gets you a much shorter wait in line! Gold and Platinum Members will also have an even shorter line!
- First time cruisers will get in line along the left side of the terminal. Be sure to have your ID’s ready and your family together. You will have your picture taken to link to your Keys to the Ship card.
- If you have children and are planning to use the Oceaneer Lab/Club or Disney Edge, you will find a ID Bracelet station located on the far right corner. Here, you will register your children for the kids programs and they will be given a MagicBand. This can also be done aboard the ship, but some find it nice to go ahead and get it out of the way.
- If you are in need of a bathroom or area to change into your swimwear before boarding the ship, you will find restrooms located to the right as you enter the terminal area.
- Upon registration, you will be given a boarding number. This number will be called over an intercom and all people with that number will be allowed to board the ship. Again, there will be another picture opportunity. Here is a little Disney Cruise Secret: The line for this is LONG. If you move to the right, you will be able to by-pass this completely and go straight to the ship!
- When you board the ship, a cast member will greet you and ask for your party’s name and if you are celebrating a special event. They will announce your event and your families arrival once you board.
Overall the boarding process for Disney Cruise is pretty basic, but when you walk in, you can very easily get lost in all the lines. I hope these little pointers help to make your transition from terminal to ship a little easier!
Have you taken a Disney Cruise out of Port Canaveral? What did you think?