Main Street Electrical Parade at Magic Kingdom

by Kristi on September 27, 2012

Main Street Electrical ParadeDon’t miss out on seeing the  Main Street Electrical Parade at Magic Kingdom. Featuring  nearly 25 floats, the Main Street Electrical  Parade runs about 20 minutes in length and features some dazzling LED light displays.  Find any spot along the parade route (my personal favorite is Frontierland), get out your glow in the dark necklaces or light up toys, and sit back and enjoy the show.
Main Street Electrical ParadeOne thing  that I really love about the Main Street Electrical Parade is how each float truly represents the character that rides on it.  For instance, how perfect is it for Alice to be sitting on a mushroom? It really makes you feel as if you are watching part of the Disney story unfold before your eyes!

Main Street Electrical ParadeDuring peak season, the Main Street Electrical Parade runs twice a night. Be sure to check the Disney website to see which nights it will be running during your Disney Vacation!

Share Insider Information

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Waffle-Wednesday October 6, 2012 at 9:23 am

Oh – I will definitely cry reading through your blog. I tear up every time I see a Disneyland commercial. I have never been. I’m a grown woman with kids and grandkids, and I’ve never been to Disneyland. How crazy is that?

Kristi October 7, 2012 at 8:26 am

I go to Disney quite often and still feel the magic when I see those commercials! I love the ones where they surprise the kids. The joy on their face is amazing! Take your grandkids~ You can make some great memories for both of you!

Christine - Chew Nibble Nosh October 6, 2012 at 4:14 pm

The Electric Light Parade is my favorite part of nighttime at Disney! So glad you mentioned Frontierland. I didn’t even know the parade went through there! We’ve always fought for a spot on Main Street! Thanks for sharing! :)

Kristi October 7, 2012 at 8:24 am

Main Street is a park favorite, but they have some great places to sit over in Frontierland. During the day, they have some shady spots under trees too!

Sandra Foyt October 6, 2012 at 4:29 pm

It can be such a challenge to capture good photos of the parades, you must have had an excellent spot to score these great shots.

Kristi October 7, 2012 at 8:28 am

We have a spot in Frontierland where we always sit because you can view the parade from atop large sitting benches in front of the shops. Great spot for photos!