Are you going to Walt Disney World for the first time? If so, you will want to have the jump on others by knowing some of the best Disney World Tips. We hope these tips will help you navigate the parks with ease and give you a heads up on things you might not already know about when it comes to Disney!
Here are 20 Walt Disney World tips you should know about:
- Snap a picture of the parking lot marker to remember where you left your car.
- Disney Photographers will take pictures with YOUR camera/phone for FREE.
- Get a free dusting of pixie dust at the Barber Shop on Main Street USA.
- Instead of standing in line for hours to meet your child’s favorite characters, choose a character meal. You will pay a premium, but you avoid wasting time in lines and get one on one time with each character!
- If you stay at a resort, you can have your purchases from gift shops delivered to your resort. If not, you can have them delivered to the front of the park where you can pick them up (given that you shop early in the day).
- Buy the cheapest Disney pin and then trade with Cast Members for the more expensive ones!
- Get to Magic Kingdom before the park opens for the Welcome Stage Show at Cinderella Castle
- Think outside the box in terms of Disney Souvenirs. There are plenty of FREE ones!
- If your kids pop their Disney Balloon, they will replace it for FREE.
- Some rides (like Test Track) have a line for those riding solo. The line is MUCH shorter!
- Ask for a kids swap if you are traveling with kids who can’t ride. One adult rides while the other waits (at the front of the line). Then they swap places for the second adult to ride.
- Adults can eat off the kids menu at quick service counters.
- Disney Visa card holders get special perks, like FREE photos, discounts at some restaurants & % off your purchase at gift shops!
- Gift shops stay open 1 hour after the park rides are shut down.
- You can get a complimentary cup of ice water for FREE at any counter.
- You can order food a la carte on just about any quick service menu. Just ask and they will accommodate.
- Just about every Disney World resort does a FREE campfire in the early evening where you can roast marshmallows. They also have FREE Movie nights!
- Parking is FREE at Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon.
- You can walk right through the center of Cinderella’s castle. You will find some beautiful mosaic murals telling her story.
- As you walk into Haunted Mansion, look for the Headstone for Leota. Watch it carefully.
What other Walt Disney World tips would you share for first time goers?