Who’s ready to go to Disney this year? If you have been on the fence about going, 2017 is going to be a great year to experience Walt Disney World. There are so many new rides & attractions at the parks, not to mention all the new shops over at Disney Springs! The key to having the best Disney vacation possible is planning. We believe that planning your trip in advance to be so crucial that we have come up with 10 tips to plan the best Disney vacation.
10 Tips to Plan the BEST Disney Vacation
- Plan 6-12 months in advance. The earlier you plan your Disney vacation, the better. Planning in advance will give you first priority in getting to stay at the resort of your choice and helping you get a better deal on your accommodations.
- Choose off peak dates. If you are worried about crowds, there are certain months that are better than others. These are usually months when the kids are in school.
- Look for FREE Dining Deals. Disney throws out package deals several times a year. In the past, they have offerred free dining, but lately they have been announcing packages that include park tickets and dining plan for a flat rate.
- Take advantage of Extra Magic Hours in the parks. Typically each Disney theme park has one day a week that they open early for Disney resort guests. If you are planning to stay at a Disney resort, be sure to take advantage of this perk so that you can score some extra time before the crowds of non-resort guests arrive.
- Schedule FastPasses in Advance. If you stay at a Disney resort, you can schedule your FastPasses 60 days in advance. This is a full 30 days before everyone else. You will want to mark this date on your calendar so you can be sure to book your favorite rides as soon as you can.
- Make reservations for table service restaurants. If you are wanting to do character dining or are hoping to eat at a particular restaurant, be sure to make a reservation in advance. Restaurants (espcecially the popular ones) book up quickly. You may be required to put down a credit card to book the reservation. You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance without penalty.
- Schedule Resort Time during your vacation. One of the biggest mistakes people make on their Disney vacation is failing to give themselves enough time at the resort. I suggest giving yourself at least one day away from the parks so that you can enjoy all the resort has to offer, like pool time, arcades, play grounds and other fun things like boat rides and Disney Springs.
- Be aware of some of the freebies available while you are at Walt Disney World. You’ll be spending enough money on this vacation, so take advantage of the things you can get for free at Disney!
- Make a packing list. While you may think you are a expert when it comes to packing for a vacation, packing for Disney is a little different. There are certain things you will want to make sure you have with you. Make a list and stick to it.
- Add a little extra magic to your Disney vacation. You don’t have to spend a ton of money to do something special on your trip. Use this list of ways to add Disney magic to your vacation for some ideas.
We hope you find these tips to plan the BEST Disney vacation helpful! Do you have any tips to share?
The links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.