If you are preparing for a Disney Cruise, here is my list of 10 essential items to bring on a Disney Cruise! While there are many items you may be surprised to find in your Disney Cruise Stateroom, there are some things you will need to make sure you bring with you.
1. Sunscreen & Sunglasses. While you can purchase sunscreen & sunglasses on board the cruise ship, you will pay more than you would had you brought it ( and the choices are limited).
2. Sand Toys/ Inner tube/ Water Wings. One of the benefits on going on a Disney Cruise is going to their private island, Castaway Cay! You can purchase sand toys and inner tubes there, but if you have your own bucket and shovel, you might as well bring them to avoid the extra charges of renting or buying these kinds of things.
3. Pirate Outfit. All Disney Cruises have a Pirate Night when all Cast Members, Crew, and Guests are dressed in their finest Pirate attire. They will give you bandannas to wear, but why not go the extra step and pack a pirate outfit, sword or eye patch to take with you!
4. Sweater or Jacket. Yes, you are most likely planning a cruise during warm weather, but in the evenings the wind may pick up or you may find that the restaurants are a little cool. Having a cardigan or light weight jacket to throw on (especially for little ones) is great to have just in case.
5. Flip flops. You can walk around barefoot on the Disney Cruise line pool deck, but it can get quite slippery. Be sure to pack flip flops or water shoes to wear poolside and while on the beach in Castaway Cay.
6. Detergent. There are laundry facilities on the cruise ships for you to use. Not that anyone wants to do laundry, but it is nice if you have a few Tide pods packed just in case you need them.
7. Snacks. You can bring bottled water & snacks on board the Disney cruise ship to keep in your cabin. This way you will have something to take with you on your excursions or just to have in your state room.
8. Beach bag/ Backpack. Whether you go to the beach at Castaway Cay or take an excursion, you will want to have a light weight bag to carry off board with you.
9. Garbage/ Ziploc bags. We always keep a garbage bag for dirty clothes. Since we aren’t going to be doing laundry while on board the Disney Cruise, it helps to keep all used clothing in one place. Ziploc bags are great for anything including wet suits that don’t dry in time on your departure day!
10. Cruise documents, excursion information, maps, birth certificates and other important ids! Last thing you want to do is forget your paperwork. I suggest putting all documents in one folder so you don’t end up losing anything during your check in process!
Am I missing anything? If you have something to add to my list of items to bring on a Disney Cruise, please comment below!